Farmers Insurance Law Intern - Litigation in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Farmers Insurance is seeking second-year law students to join our Philadelphia branch legal office located in King of Prussia for an internship during Summer 2019. This is an opportunity to work alongside accomplished defense attorneys in the practice of insurance defense litigation. As a summer law clerk, you will learn valuable skills and knowledge of the civil litigation process by drafting and responding to discovery demands, conducting legal research and drafting motions. You may also shadow our staff defense attorneys at hearings, depositions, mediations and trials. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who enjoys the profession and is seeking a work environment rich in experience, opportunity, and knowledge.
- Second-Year law student
- Available for employment of 40 hours per week for 10 weeks during the summer
Interest in civil litigation, particularly personal injury and/or insurance defense Additional Skills
Classes in legal research, torts and civil procedure preferred
- Skilled research and writer
- Ability to analyze legal issues and apply appropriate legal principles.
- Capable of obtaining and presenting material in oral and/or written form
- Perform research and analyses of files, case law, statutes and other relevant material and prepare appropriate motions.
- Desire to learn litigation practice
A strong work ethic and a positive attitude Skills that will be Developed
Principles of effective legal writing and verbal presentations for maximum impact
- Analytical analysis of liability and damages
- Understanding of civil litigation
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job: *Legal & Compliance
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Law Intern - Litigation
Location: Pennsylvania-King of Prussia
Requisition ID: 180009WL