HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) in Kingwood, Texas
Kingwood Medical Center – Kingwood, Texas
Speech Language Pathologist (SLP)
The most advanced hospital services available in the Houston area are right in your own backyard at Kingwood Medical Center. As part of the nationwide HCA Healthcare system, Kingwood patients have access to advanced medical care and physicians trained at top hospitals. HCA and Kingwood Medical Center also provide the communities of Northeast Houston, Humble, New Caney and Cleveland, Texas with education and outreach programs.
Our doctors, nurses and staff are committed to preserving and extending the health of our patients. Here are just a few ways we show that commitment:
· 382 licensed beds
· 24-hour emergency room
· Innovative and customized cardiovascular services, including heart and vascular surgery
· State of the art imaging and endoscopy services for more accurate diagnosis and treatment plans
· Inpatient rehab for physical recovery from stroke, trauma, orthopedic injuries and more
· Neurosciences program including our Joint-Commission-accredited Primary Stroke Center and the Sleep Center of Excellence
· Women’s Center and pediatric services with access to pediatric specialists 24/7
Kingwood Medical Center is currently accepting applications for Speech Language Pathologist (SLP).
The Staff Speech Pathologist shall be responsible for assessment and remediation of speech, language, cognitive and swallowing problems of patients, as prescribed by their physicians. Specific age groups served by this position include: Employee will be responsible for knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based on physical, psychological, educational, safety and related criteria for the neonate, infant child, adolescent, adult and geriatric population. Utilizes the evaluation of the speech/language and/or dysphasia needs to the plan of care, implement, and document effective, appropriate, and safe speech therapy treatments. To act as a member of the interdisciplinary team in helping the patient and their families achieve the highest level of functioning. Accountable to Senior Speech Pathologist and/or Rehabilitation Therapy Manager.
• Working knowledge of all equipment in the Speech Pathology Department. • Effective interpersonal communication skills with patients, families, staff and physicians. • Able to relate to people during illness and in crisis situations. • Speech Pathology experience with a base of knowledge of speech pathology and its application to the treatment of patients with cognitive, communication and/or swallowing problems. • Ability to organize and manage time effectively for maximum productivity and for timely patient evaluation and reporting. • Clerical abilities do keep accurate department records of patient treatment.
• Masters Degree in Speech Pathology • Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) • Licensed or licensure eligible by the Texas State Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology. • Current CPR certification.
Minimum Work Experience:
• Licensed SLP and 1 year rehabilitation experience (preferred).
Job: *Therapy & Rehabilitation
Title: Speech Language Pathologist (SLP)
Location: Texas-Kingwood-Kingwood Medical Center - Kingwood
Requisition ID: 03198-92378