HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Trauma Program Director in Kissimmee, Florida
/Osceola Regional Medical Center is a Joint Commission accredited 404-bed hospital that builds on a proud tradition of healthcare excellence in Osceola County, Florida. Osceola Regional is conveniently and centrally located in Heart of Kissimmee only minutes from Orlando, St. Cloud, Celebration and Poinciana. We are committed to continually enhancing the standard of healthcare by providing services to include:// Emergency Care //, // Trauma Care //, // Pediatric ER //, // Heart & Vascular Institute //, // Advanced Primary Stroke Center //, // The Baby Suites maternity care //, // Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Level II //, // Women’s Services //, // Behavioral Health //,// Orthopedics & Spine // and a // Graduate Medical Education Program //. We also expand our care to the community with our freestanding Emergency Department at // Hunter’s Creek ER //./ // Director of Trauma
The Trauma Program Director provides facilitation and direction for a multidisciplinary trauma service with primary focus on developing/implementing and monitoring systems to enhance care of the trauma patient. Serves as a resource for inter-intra disciplinary team members and patient families that participate in the care of trauma patients.
The Trauma Program Director is also responsible for the operation and oversight of the Trauma Registry. Responsibilities include case finding, clinical data abstracting and data reporting to the State of Florida, AHCA. Actively works with the Trauma Medical Director and other physicians and clinicians as needed. Collaborates with other disciplines in support of Fort Walton Beach Medical Center’s mission and vision and assumes other duties as assigned.
Educates staff, physicians, and ancillary services regarding hospital, divisional and unit specific policies and procedures.
Collaborate and maintain liaison role to assure cooperation with police, state attorney, and medical examiner’s office regarding criminal investigations /evidentiary requirements.
Collaborates with the medical staff and other personnel representatives of allied groups in the planning and coordinating of the delivery of health care services to patients, such as case management and critical care paths.
Troubleshoot/problem solves systems’ problems related to rescue/trauma center communication and transportation systems.
Provide consultative services to health care providers, administrators, and health care consumers regarding trauma care/services.
Maintain current knowledge regarding disaster/hurricane preparedness/emergency management.
Educate staff, physicians, ancillary services regarding disaster/hurricane preparedness and procedures.
Monitor and evaluate the continuum of trauma care from the point of EMS entry to rehabilitation and discharge.
Analyze data, identify trends/areas for improvement in processes, structures, and systems impacting trauma care patient outcomes.
Collaborate with Trauma Medical Director/trauma physicians to troubleshoot/problem-solve issues related to trauma patient care or process and refer to appropriate source for corrective action.
Assume primary responsibility in collaboration with the Trauma Medical Director in tracing, monitoring, and evaluation of required Department of Health Trauma Filters.
Assume primary responsibility in collaboration with the Trauma Medical director/trauma physicians for developing, reviewing, and analyzing institutional trauma filters determining variances and assuring follow-up resolution or monitoring for trends by filter and service.
· Current FL RN license required or appropriate compact licensure.If compact license held, active FL RN license required within 90 days of hire.
· TNCC provider required within six (6) months of hire
· TNCC Instructor preferred
· ENPC provider required within six (6) months of hire
· ENPC instructor preferred
· BLS – AHA Healthcare Provider required upon hire
· ACLS required upon hire
· PALS required upon hire
· Minimum of 10 trauma related CEU’s per year required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
· Required: Two years minimum experience in an ER trauma setting. Detail oriented and must be able to organize and complete work under deadlines. Must be able to work independently.
· Preferred: Experience in Trauma Registry activities or Other Registry Database systems. Familiarity with ICD-9 coding, AIS/ISS scoring, TRISS.
· Preferred: Training for Trauma Registry, Trauma Registry Certification, CCS, CCS-P, CCA, RHIT OR RHIA, 2 – 5 years Trauma Registry experience
· Preferred: working knowledge of medical terminology, coding and classification systems (ICD-0 CM and CPT), anatomy and physiology, and disease process.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus.
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Trauma Program Director
Location: Florida-Kissimmee-Osceola Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 01323-12844