HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Monitor Technician PRN in Lake City, Florida
/ Lake City Medical Center (LCMC) has been providing quality healthcare to Lake City and the surrounding communities for almost 60 years. We are a 67-bed comprehensive facility offering medical and surgical programs including 24-hour // emergency care // , // heart care // , // orthopedics // , // cancer care // , // imaging // and // rehabilitation // services. LCMC is the area's ONLY Accredited Chest Pain Hospital and the only facility to offer interventional cardiology. We are accredited by The Joint Commission and have been named a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for four consecutive years. /
To perform cardiac monitoring and secretarial duties, in accordance with the philosophy, goals and objectives of LCMC.
1. Participate in the unit based Quality Improvement process.
2. Demonstrates knowledge and respect of patient rights to privacy and protection of patient confidentiality.
3. Organizes and communicates patient care activities to the patient and to the Registered Nurse.
4. Completes, executes and performs secretarial tasks such as, Order Entry, filing and organizing patient charts.
5. Communicates, interacts and participates in team work on the unit.
6. Demonstrates and understanding of patients charts, physician orders and nursing orders.
7. Promotes and displays a positive customer oriented demeanor to patients, visitors staff and physicians.
8. Demonstrates an understanding and is proficient in the use of a computer and office equipment.
9. Maintains the unit in optimal operating condition by cleaning general work stations and stocking of supplies.
10. Ability to perform cardiac rhythm monitoring and the reports changes to licensed nurse appropriately.
11. Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
12. Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
· High School or equivalency required
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: · BLS certified required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
· Unit secretary skills preferred
· Must complete basic arrhythmia class and /or pass arrhythmia test with>80%
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
· Read and writes Basic English
· Ability to use a computer, typewriter and calculator
· Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Monitor Technician PRN
Location: Florida-Lake City-Lake City Medical Center
Requisition ID: 06210-2623