Occidental Petroleum Electrical Tech in Lakewood, New Mexico
Title: Electrical Tech Location: United States-New Mexico-Lakewood Other Locations:
Occidental Petroleum Corporation is an international oil and gas exploration and production company with a subsidiary (OxyChem) that is a major North American chemical manufacturer. As one of the largest oil and gas companies in the U.S., we continually strive to be one of the best in the business. Our greatest asset has been, and will continue to be, our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Electrical Technician within our Permian Resources group based in Lakewood, New Mexico at the Indian Basin Gas Plant.
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for the design, specification, installation, programming, calibration, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of electrical equipment in order to improve field system operation/uptime and reduce total operating costs. This position will support the New Mexico operations on all work associated with our primary distribution systems.
• High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience
• Excellent diagnostic and repair skills for complex problems in Electrical distribution systems
• Capable of installing, troubleshooting, and repairing switchboard control panels and components, motor circuits, building and lighting circuits, and control circuits
• Capable of understanding mechanical relay logic and ladder logic
• Capable of programming simple ladder logic programs
• Proficient at reading electrical schematics
• Proficient at using all test equipment associated with troubleshooting electrical equipment
• Knowledgeable of NEC and OSHA standards.
• Able to safely supervise electrical contract work
• Able to effectively interface with electrical engineers and energy providers
• Able to perform preventive maintenance on medium voltage electrical equipment such as switchgear, breakers, etc.
• Good computer skills
• Team oriented, flexible and able to work with minimal supervision.
Additional Desired Qualifications
• Minimum Journeyman electrician license
• 3-5 years oilfield experience preferred, with a responsible attitude for personal safety and the safety of co-workers, contractors & the public
• Electrically qualified per OSHA 1910.269 up to 600V
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status