Occidental Petroleum Plant Operator in Lakewood, New Mexico
Title: Plant Operator Location: United States-New Mexico-Lakewood Other Locations:
Occidental Petroleum Corporation is an international oil and gas exploration and production company with a subsidiary (OxyChem) that is a major North American chemical manufacturer. As one of the largest oil and gas companies in the U.S., we continually strive to be one of the best in the business. Our greatest asset has been, and will continue to be, our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Plant Operator within our Permian Resources group based in Lakewood, New Mexico at our Indian Basin Gas Plant.
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
Ensure the following systems are operated within their design limits by utilizing Yokogawa DCS system and ensure associated equipment is kept in good operating condition: Inlet Gas System, Amine System, Glycol System, Mole Sieve Dehydration System, Cryogenic Unit, Selexol System, Steam System, Acid Gas Injection Compressor, Instrument Air System, Residue Compressors, NGL pipeline pumps, SWD System, and Electrical System(Turbine Powered Generators)
• Relief operate for Front side/Backside operations.
• Assist Front side Operator during plant upset conditions
• Enter daily production data into morning report spreadsheet and generate reports.
• Perform lock out tag out on plant equipment for maintenance and repairs
• Assist IBGP maintenance team in performing maintenance on plant process equipment.
• Participate in system PHA’s
• Perform inspections on plant safety equipment.
• Assist Automation and Electrical techs in maintenance and PMs.
• Maintain and oversee Plant PSM required critical valve Car seal Program.
• Participate in Plant monthly safety inspections.
• High School graduate or G.E.D required
• 3 years oilfield experience preferred, with a responsible attitude for personal safety and the safety of others
• Ability to work 12 hour, rotating shifts
• Basic knowledge of plant processes
• Ability to follow written operating procedures
• Basic knowledge of OSHA 1910.119
• Capable of performing preventive maintenance and minor repairs on all required plant equipment
• Ability to efficiently and effectively monitor plant equipment and make adjustments to processes and controls
• Ability to troubleshoot operational problems
• Good computer skills, along with ability to input data in CMMS system (Maximo)
• Good communication and excellent interpersonal skills
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status