Armstrong Flooring Inc. Automation Engineer in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Date: Oct 10, 2018
Location: Lancaster, PA Pennsylvania, US
Apply now »
Primary Location: Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Employment Status: Full-Time
Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Automation Engineer will serve as the primary subject matter expert for automation and building controls for the site. Purpose of the role is to create a primary gatekeeper for automation control, building control, material handling robots, as well as work to identify, plan and manage network wide automation improvements and upgrades.
• Automation Control and Programming
• Project Management
• Operational Line Support
• System Troubleshooting and Enhancements
• Lead cost savings initiatives
• Develop and update processes and procedures
• BS in electrical engineering or equivalent professional qualifications
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience commissioning and troubleshooting machine/ process controls
• Design, deployment, and testing experience with Allen Bradley and Rockwell controls preferred
• PLC troubleshooting and programming of Allen Bradley RS Logix 5000 and Studio 5000 and similar systems
• Fluent in editing and developing PLC programs
• Knowledge of building systems operation, maintenance and controls including material handling equipment, ECC’s, MCC’s, HVAC, and other utility systems
• Practical experience in network infrastructure and IP-based networks, both in implementation and support. Experience with Ethernet, Devicenet, and serial communications preferred
• Experience in programming and configuration of Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems
• FTView ME and SE programming skills
• Experience with Delta Hydraulic Controllers
• Manufacturing experience supporting Operations and Maintenance training and troubleshooting
• Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and activities
• Demonstrated successful communication and negotiation skills in order to manage conflicting and/or multiple demands, including ability to present to various level within an organization
• Experience in utilizing Lean and Six-Sigma tools and methodology
• Minimal travel may be required
About the Location (Lancaster, PA)
Located in South Central Pennsylvania, Lancaster is ideally situated for easy access to major metropolitan cities such as Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington DC and New York City. Lancaster offers a vibrant arts and entertainment community with wonderful historic sites, B&Bs, museums, world class shopping, entertainment venues and restaurants.
Why Armstrong Flooring?
With a heritage that began more than 150 years ago, Armstrong Flooring, Inc. is a global leader in the design and manufacture of flooring products with a focus on innovation, design, and environmental sustainability. Based in Lancaster PA, Armstrong Flooring serves both the residential and commercial markets.
Standard benefit package offerings: Medical, dental, prescription drugs, life insurance
Competitive 401(k) with company match
Long term disability coverage
Vacation and sick time
Product discount programs
Equal Opportunity Employer: Armstrong Flooring is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Notice to Staffing Agencies, Placement Services, and Professional Recruiters
Armstrong Flooring, Inc. has an internal Staffing Department. Recruiters are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact Armstrong Flooring employees directly in an attempt to present candidates.
Armstrong Flooring will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Armstrong Flooring, including unsolicited resumes sent to an Armstrong Flooring mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Armstrong Flooring employees, or to Armstrong Flooring’s resume database will be considered Armstrong Flooring property. Armstrong Flooring will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Armstrong Flooring will consider any candidate for whom a Recruiter has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Recruiter free of any charges or fees.
Armstrong Flooring partners with Scout for all direct hire search firm activity .
Armstrong Flooring has a partnership with Scout for all of our direct hire search firm activity and as such, all inquiries and resumes must be submitted through Scout. Scout is an easy to use recruitment marketplance intergrated within Bullhorn, PCRecruiter or accessible via Scout Connect. Accordingly, we respectfully ask agencies not to solicit our business managers or Talent Acquisition team directly and to reach out to Scout at www.goscoutgo.com/searchfirmreferral .
Nearest Major Market: Lancaster
Job Segment: Hydraulics, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Electrical Engineering, Engineering
Apply now »