HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Telecom Operator PRN in Largo, Florida
The PBX Operator/Telecomm Operator responds to incoming calls in a timely manner and directs caller to appropriate destination providing a smooth, clear and professionally courteous communication practice.
* Answers multiple incoming telephone lines.
* Obtains necessary information and transfers calls to correct extensions.
* Provides information to callers as appropriate.
* Performs overhead paging.
* Monitors all alarms located in PBX and notifies appropriate personnel as required.
* Responds quickly and accurately to disaster and emergency situations as required, remaining calm.
* Corrects and updates posted information as needed. Assists with the maintenance of directories on-call list, etc.
* Accurately utilizes the features of the PBX consoles, headsets, telephones and other related equipment. * Assist with maintaining cleanliness, safety and security of the PBX area. * Maintains confidentiality, security and integrity of patient and organizational data. * Ensures release of information is consistent with all privacy policies. * Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Experience in customer service position.
- Previous PBX experience is desirable.
- Ability to fluently speak and understand English.
- Previous experience in hospital setting preferred.
- Ability to perform calmly, competently and quickly in emergency situations.
- Customer service abilities.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching and some lifting.
Job: *Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling
Title: Telecom Operator PRN
Location: Florida-Largo-Largo Medical Center- Largo
Requisition ID: 00144-12255