HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Underpayment Analyst in Largo, Florida
Job Summary– The Underpayment Analyst is responsible for researching and resolving Underpayments.
Duties (included but not limited to):
• Perform and validate discrepancy reason coding of underpayment inventory
• Pursue additional payment from payers on underpayment discrepancies through various means of communication, such as telephonically, online or via payment package processes.
• Overcome objections that prevent payment of the claim
• Gain commitment for payment through concise and factual collection techniques.
• Communicate trends to management as identified
• Facilitate correction of non-payment related underpayment discrepancies through I-plan changes or coordination with other departments as needed
• Identify and communicate trends to management, including those that might be appropriate for the dispute resolution process
• Escalate accounts to appropriate individuals at the payer and via SSC management as needed, including accounts with lack of timely payer response
• Utilize effective documentation standards that support a strong historical record of actions taken on the account.
• Meet the productivity and quality standards of the organization
• Complete and comprehend all educational requirements
• Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing. This includes utilizing proper punctuation, correct spelling and the ability to transcribe accurately.
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
• PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
• Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
• Basic skills - demonstrates ability to organize, perform and track multiple tasks accurately in short timeframes, have ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple demands, ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player, adaptability, analytical and problem solving ability and attention to detail and able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately.
High school diploma or GED required.
One year of related experience required.
Job: *Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling
Title: Underpayment Analyst
Location: Florida-Largo-PAS Tampa
Requisition ID: 08947-148947