HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Certified Scrub Technician in Las Vegas, Nevada
Utilizing advanced digital technology and an accomplished medical staff,Southern Hills Hospitalprovides the communities of southwest Las Vegas with emergency and pediatric emergency services, behavioral health inpatient and outpatient programs for ages 55 and older, an accredited Chest Pain Center, a Certified Primary Stroke Center, OB-GYN and diagnostic imaging and surgical services. Southern Hills Hospital’s advanced care and superior service make for better outcomes and an exceptional patient experience.
The Certified Surgical Technician works directly with the physician and the circulating registered nurse in each surgical procedure, understanding his/her scope of practice based upon training, and the facility policies and outlined in the job description.
Duties(included but not limited to):
- The Surgical Technician works closely with all surgeons
- The OR Surgical Tech must be able work in a high stress area
- Follow instructions from many directions, including Surgeons, Anesthesiologist, registered nurse, and any ancillary staff members
- The OR tech must be able to work in an area that is crowded due to equipment necessary to perform the procedure
- The OR tech must have accurate hand-eye coordination to assist the physician during cases where threading instrumentation through confined channels is essential
- Ensuring that cases are picked properly, checking with the staff nurse and physician regarding any additional supplies to ensure the smooth running of surgical cases
- Pull trays from Sterile processing to assist co-workers as needed
- Adhere to safety guidelines, AORN guidelines regarding practices in the Surgical suites, reports unusual or inadvertent event. Following all Infection control guidelines, Aseptic technique, Instrument and Needle counts, noting instrument integrity at the beginning and end of cases.
- Cleaning/organinzing of the OR at the beginning of each day. At the end of the day, removing all extra equipment, putting away supplies and general tidying of the O.R’s and the department in general. Notifying the Charge Nurses of outdates, areas that require additional attention and cleaning
- Cross train to the Endoscopy labs as needed or desired / /
EDUCATION:* * High School diploma or G.E.D required. * Certification from an accredited school of surgical technology EXPERIENCE: * Minimum of three (3) years surgical tech experience preferred CERTIFICATE/LICENSE: * AST or NCCT - Certified Surgical Technician required. * BLS required
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Certified Scrub Technician
Location: Nevada-Las Vegas-Southern Hills Hospital and Medical Center
Requisition ID: 08967-4391