HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Charge Nurse OB Post Partum Full Time in Las Vegas, Nevada
MountainView Hospitalis a state of the art, full service medical facility located in the heart of Northwest Las Vegas, one of the fastest growing areas in the Valley. With a dedicated and talented staff of employees and outstanding physicians, MountainView Hospital is recognized for high patient satisfaction and for providing quality and compassionate care to our community since 1996. MountainView features nationally recognized programs including a top cardiovascular thoracic center, the renowned Las Vegas Institute for Robotic Surgery, an Accredited Chest Pain Center and Certified Stroke Center. Other areas of excellence include emergency care, urology and gynecological services, orthopedics, vascular care and inpatient rehabilitation unit. The hospital is a member of the respected Sunrise Health System consisting of Sunrise Hospital, Sunrise Children’s Hospital, Southern Hills Hospital and several surgery and diagnostic imaging centers offering a complete range of specialized and technologically advanced services.
Title:Charge RN Noncritical Area:OB Post Partum Shift:Nights
The Registered Nurse as a Charge Nurse of Obstetrics Post Partumis responsible for the provision of patient care based upon the nursing process sand in compliance with hospital policies, protocols and procedure.
- Maintains current competency with the nursing skills required for assigned unit/department.
- Demonstrates knowledge regarding Standards of Care and Standards of Practice in the area assigned.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills to assess, plan, implement and evaluate care.
- Maintains professional and effective working relationships with all members of the health care team.
- Demonstrates knowledge of principles of growth and development over life span and possesses ability to assess data reflective of patient status and interpret appropriate information needed to identify patient requirements relative to his/her age specific needs.
- Maintains calmness in a crisis situation and directs staff members appropriately.
- Provides care needed as described in department policies and procedures.
- Completes a competency skills checklist within 3 months of employment
Education: * Graduate from a school of nursing License: * Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Nevada required.
Testing: * Pass Women’s Services competency exam with score of 80%. Experience: * Minimum of2 yearsRN experience. * Current Basic Life Support * Current S.T.A.B.L.E. Women’s *Services:* * Proficiency in newborn, maternal/child, nursing procedures and skills, including assessment required. * Minimum of 2 years recent postpartum nursing experience, required.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Charge Nurse OB Post Partum Full Time
Location: Nevada-Las Vegas-MountainView Hospital
Requisition ID: 02270-9118