HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Intake Coordinator (RN) - Inpatient Psychiatric Facility in Las Vegas, Nevada
Southern Hills Hospital is located in Southwest Las Vegas just off the I-215 and Durango/Sunset exit. The facility is an accredited 180-bed acute care hospital providing emergency and pediatric emergency services, a behavioral health (geriatric psychiatric) inpatient and outpatient program serving ages 50 and older, accredited Chest Pain Center, a Certified Primary Stroke Center, a dedicated orthopedic and spine unit, OB-GYN, Level II NICU, diagnostic imagingand surgical services. Southern Hills Hospital *was *voted the Best Hospital in Las Vegas.
Utilizing advanced digital technology and an accomplished medical staff, Southern Hills Hospital's advanced care and superior service make for better outcomes and an exceptional patient experience.
The Joint Commission, the leading accreditor of healthcare organizations in America, recognized Southern Hills Hospital as a /Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®/ for 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 - the only Southern Nevada hospital to earn this recognition for four consecutive years.
- Southern Hills Hospital is the first institution in the state of Nevada to be recognized by the American Heart Association as a leading hospital in cardiology through their compliance with the “Get with the Guidelines - Heart Failure” program.
- In addition, Southern Hills Hospital earned The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for its Alzheimer's disease program by demonstrating compliance with The Joint Commission's national standards for health care quality and safety in disease-specific care.
- We have also partnered with award-winning spine physicians from the Nevada Neurosciences Institute. Join us as we achieve our mission statement:
/Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.///
The Intake Assessment Coordinator in conjunction with the Program Director coordinates the pre-admission assessment process and provides clinical assessments for potential patients. Also, assists with community education with clinical issues and participates with community events such as health fairs.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Completes assessments in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates ability to set priorities.
- Demonstrates good judgment in handling situations not covered by verbal or written instructions.
- Follows established policy and procedures in performing job functions.
- Interacts and communicates with others in a way that promotes a positive and cooperative work environment.
- Channels concerns appropriately.
- Provides input, suggestions and support appropriately.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of work practices.
- Ensures patient rights and confidentiality.
- Able to assess and reassess needs of patients.
- Provides on and off site clinical assessments for potential patients to the program.
- Works collaboratively with hospital departments to assist managing behavioral health assessment needs.
- Participates as an active member of the multidisciplinary team.
- Provides ongoing education to patients and families as needed.
- Provides resources and support for patients before, during and after treatment.
- Coordinates and participates with appropriate interested parties and physicians through the patient referral inquiry, admission, treatment and discharge process.
- Models and trains other behavioral health team members on managing and tracking inquiry calls.
- Tracks and reports on all key indicators related to calls, assessment, admissions.
Performs other duties as assigned by Program Director. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Possess a thorough knowledge of current behavioral health concepts, principles and methods of treatment.
- Possess good communication skills verbal and written.
- Possess good organization skills and be able to act on multiple tasks.
- Understand and be able to train on all the state and federal standards regarding behavioral health assessment, petition, medical screening and patient rights.
Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field in which a license can be obtained to perform clinical assessments in the appropriate state. EXPERIENCE:
Prefer 1-3 years’ experience in a behavioral healthcare setting performing clinical assessments or in a clinical treatment setting. CERTIFICATE/LICENSE:
Must be licensed to perform clinical assessments for patients potentially being admitted to a behavioral health program. PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Position requires ability to lift up to 25 lbs. and travel multiple hours per week in the offsite clinical assessments of patients. Work is indoors and outdoors.
Job: *Case Management
Title: Intake Coordinator (RN) - Inpatient Psychiatric Facility
Location: Nevada-Las Vegas-Southern Hills Hospital and Medical Center
Requisition ID: 08967-4872