Farmers Insurance Liability Claims Representative - Entry Level & Experienced - Las Vegas in Las Vegas, Nevada
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Investigates, determines liability, confirms coverage, establishes damages, and negotiates settlement of claims. Will also be required to maintain an active adjusters license in states where required. Day to day, Liability Adjuster's will handle injury claims working with customers and attorney's in reviewing claim files, medical bills, and settlement negotiations.
Essential Job Functions
- Participates in an intensive training program in a supervised learning environment, which includes training in claims investigation, liability determination, coverage confirmation, establishing damages, and negotiation of claims settlement.
- The training will also include current claims systems, processes and strategy.
- Employees will be required to complete an exam with a passing grade at certain phases of the training.
- Investigates, confirms coverage, determines liability, establishes damages, reports status and negotiates the settlement of assigned cases.
- Has the authority to make payment of assigned claims within prescribed limits, with supervisory review and approval.
- Adjusts all types of claims.
- Represents the Company from a public relations standpoint and must conduct oneself as a member of Management at all times.
- Personal contacts are a major part of activity and include policyholders, claimants, agents, witnesses, repair facilities, contractors, police and fire departments, state and county fraud and arson personnel, special investigators, attorneys, expert witnesses, members of the medical profession and all other persons' incident to the investigation and processing of claims.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Bending Pulling Sorting Carrying up to 20 lbs. Pushing, Speaking (English), Climbing Reaching, Standing, Key entering, Reading (English), Walking, Kneeling, Seeing, Writing (English).
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment, but with exposure to some or all of the following environments when in the field: uncontrolled outside environmental conditions, excessive noise levels, chemicals such as Chemical/Biological conditions, moving mechanical parts, and areas considered dangerous conditions, which could affect the respiratory system or skin such as: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, oils, smoke, soot, or poor ventilation.
High School diploma/GED required. Four-year college degree preferred.
Experience with sales and customer service in a fast pace environment
- Experience in contract negotiations preferred
- General medical terminology knowledge preferred
Working knowledge of meeting deadlines preferred
Special Skill Requirement
Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Typing speed of 45 WPM
- Investigation and Problem solving skills
- Time management skills and being proactive
- Proficiency in navigating through multiple applications and software
Valid Driver's License
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Liability Claims Representative - Entry Level & Experienced - Las Vegas
Location: Nevada-Las Vegas
Requisition ID: 1900064U