Farmers Insurance Managing Attorney in Las Vegas, Nevada
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Directs all activities of a Branch Legal Office in accordance with established Company objectives, policies, practices and procedures. Responsible for assuring that results achieved by Branch Legal Offices conform to Company and Department objectives. Bears ultimate supervisorial responsibility for all personnel policies and procedures. Responsible for making case assignments to Branch Legal Office attorneys, and to outside counsel in accordance with Company procedure.
Essential Job Functions
- Directs all activities of the Branch Legal Office in accordance with existing Company and Department objectives, policies, practices and procedures.
- Responsible for assuring that results achieved by Branch Legal office conforms to Company and Department objectives.
- Prepares and submits proper reports concerning the operation of the office.
- Approves all requests for expenditures and costs associated with the operation of the Branch Legal Office.
- Assures maintenance and updating of computerized litigation management systems.
- Consults with and renders opinions to the Claims Department regarding insurance policy questions and questions concerning the legal aspects of the handling of personal injury claims.
- Meets with Claims Department personnel on a regular basis to discuss and handle problems or issues of mutual concern.
- Assigns all litigated claims within a defined territory, either to Branch Legal Office attorn eys or to outside counsel in accordance with Company procedures.
- Performs tasks and special assignments as directed. Develops and im plements controls to assure quality legal representation by all attorneys in the Branch Legal Office.
- In conjunction with the Claims Department and subject to the approval of Vice President, Claims Litigation, identifies the need for, and recommends the addition of outside counsel to list of approved outside counsel.
- Also, identifies the need for, and recommends the removal of outside counsel from list of approved outside counsel.
- Assigns and/or delegates administrative tasks to office personnel as appropriate.
- Actively supports diversity in the workforce.
- In cases of greatest complexity and/or exposure, performs all necessary work on behalf of clients, including preparation of pleadings, motions, discovery and briefs, attendance at hearings, conferences, interviews, and trials or arbitrations, and performance of any other tasks or duties necessary for the proper representation of clients.
Performs other functions as assigned.
Besides sedentary work, job duties require some or all of the following physical activities: Carrying and lifting up to 25 pounds, hearing, seeing, standing and walking (including up and down stairs and steps).
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment, with some exposure to uncontrolled outside environmental conditions and travel via automobile and/or commercial transportation.
Four-year college degree, law school degree, and member in good standing of the State Bar in the state in which position is located.
At least two years as a Supervising Attorney, or four years experience as a Senior Trial Attorney, or comparable outside experience.
Special Skill Requirement
Public speaking, ability to function in adversarial or confrontational situations, driving
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job: *Legal & Compliance
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Managing Attorney
Location: Nevada-Las Vegas
Requisition ID: 1800098V