Monsanto Tomato Research Associate - Italy in LATINA, Italy
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the Bayer Crop Science - Vegetable R&D Division.
At Bayer, we are committed to recruiting and retaining the best individuals through our team-oriented culture that encourages creativity, decision-making, and entrepreneurial spirit.
We are seeking for a highly motivated individual to fill the position of Tomato Breeding Research Associate. The Research Associate will primarily be responsible for supporting the activities of the Tomato Breeding Program. Tasks will include, but not limited to, support and work in all activities related with plan, conduct and evaluate breeding nurseries, yield and pathology trials within and across locations. This is an excellent opportunity to work with leading edge technology and talented cross functional scientists seeking to deliver the very best vegetable crop genetics.
The position is required in Acate (Sicily) c/o local R&D site.
The principal duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Assisting in the management and implementation of all components of a successful commercial tomato breeding program, including crossing blocks, breeding nurseries, hybrid trials and marker assisted selection projects to incorporate genes for disease resistance and quality traits. Updating, analyzing and assisting in management of breeding records in our database.
• Supervising operations such as control and setting of optimal environmental condition of the greenhouse, pest control, fertilizing, irrigating, harvesting and cleaning of the seed;
• Managing inventory of seed stocks and shipment of samples to colleagues in Pathology, Breeding, Technology Development and others;
• Collecting, processing and analyzing observations from breeding material using custom software under Breeder’s direction;
• Supporting the Breeder in deciding required tests to Pathology and Marker Department and to manage their results;
• Ensuring cross functional activities, like, for example, with local TD and Sales Reps.
• Ensuring that all safety and environmental procedures are met or exceeded.
• Master of Science in plant science, preferably in plant breeding or related area
• Familiar with plant breeding and plant breeding methodologies
• Demonstrated technical proficiency, scientific creativity, and collaboration with others.
• Possess the ability to work and think independently.
• Flexibility and ability to balance priorities within a change-oriented environment.
• Strong computer skills, particularly with Microsoft office applications, but also the capacity to learn and work with breeding software.
• Effective verbal communication skills and the ability to work in a team based environment
• Good knowledge of the Italian language
• Good knowledge of the English language
· Ability to anticipate seasonal changes in the workload, no restrictions to work on weekends during peak work periods.
• Willing to travel.
• Comfortable with field and greenhouse work, sometimes under tough weather conditions.
A key position, operating in an international, stimulating and dynamic environment;
The opportunity to work & develop within a market leading, international, organization;
A position with an attractive salary and competitive package of benefits.
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms. We invite you to explore the career opportunities available at the combined company by visiting advancingtogether.com/careers .
Organization: GLB VEG-R&D Solanaceous - EMEA51183743_
Title: Tomato Research Associate - Italy
Location: Europe Middle-East-Italy-Latina-Latina
Requisition ID: 01TOT
Job: Research & Development
At Monsanto, we value a diverse combination of ideas, perspectives and cultures. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. If you need a reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please for further assistance.access our disability accommodations process
U.S. Employment Law (applicable for U.S. jobs ONLY): EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. For information about equal employment opportunity rights, please refer to this information from the U.S. federal government: ; .
EEOC PosterEEOC Supplement