Farmers Insurance Auto Body Estimator - Atlanta, GA - Metro area in Lawrenceville, Georgia
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Completes in-person or virtual vehicle inspections on repairable and/or total loss vehicles, establishes damages, and negotiates settlement of claims with customers and repair facilities. Reviews and adjusts estimates from repair facilities, either direct repair or non-direct repair, and subrogation claims. Negotiates settlement and manages rental on assigned claims. Works independently and/or collaboratively with Claim Owners to investigate coverage and liability on a case by case basis. Provides excellent service to internal and external customers. May be assigned as Claim Owner on Tier 1 claims.
This position will be covering a territory with compensable drive time so being located in the areas of Atlanta, Alpharetta, Carrolton, Carterville, Douglasville, College Park, Decatur, Jonesboro, Kennesaw, Marietta, Roswell, Lawrenceville or Woodstock is highly preferred. Prior experience estimating body damage is also highly preferred. This position will travel within the assigned territory daily so valid drivers license is required. *
Essential Job Functions
- Inspects and appraises damaged property and vehicles using claims estimating software and determines claims related damage.
- Completes auto repair estimates or adjusts repair facility estimates.
- Manages repair process and adjusts auto repair supplements.
- Field CR’s will be required to make critical decisions on repair vs replace in addition to total vs repair at all times.
- Issues payments on site when appropriate.
- Completes vehicle total loss inspections/valuations.
- Explains total loss process and settles total loss claims when appropriate.
- Obtains total loss salvage release from policyholder or claimant and completes field clearing note before assigning to Salvage department, mitigating additional salvage storage costs.
- Interacts/collaborates directly with policyholders, claimants, agents, repair facilities and attorneys to set appointments, explain damages and the repair process, and set expectations.
- Effectively collaborates with claim owners for customer interaction and resolution strategy.
- Appropriate communication with all entities associated with the claim and the repair must be established and maintained at all times to ensure parts are available and ordered on time to keep repair on schedule.
- Confirms, explains, and applies coverage, assists with rental management, determines and reports on subrogation potential, fraud indicators, negotiates and issues claim payments. Serves as a mentor to less experienced adjusters, and demonstrates leadership skills in the workplace.
- Performs applicable administrative tasks (timekeeping, expense reports, etc.).
- P erforms other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or an automotive related Associate of Applied Science degree from an accredited technical college, or the experience described below.
- Outside insurance education, e.g., CPCU or GCA is preferred.
- Proficient negotiating skills.
- Proficient in-person interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
- 12 months of previous APD estimating experience required or consistent demonstration of technical proficiency.
- Intermediate knowledge of body and mechanical repair/replace operations.
- Proficient conflict resolution skills Proficient critical thinking skills
- Actively pursuing I-CAR Pro designation and other technical education
Special Skill Requirement
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job: *Strategic Management & Administration
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Auto Body Estimator - Atlanta, GA - Metro area
Requisition ID: 1900069N
Other Locations: United States-Georgia-Decatur, United States-Georgia-Woodstock, United States-Georgia-Cartersville, United States-Georgia-Carrollton, United States-Georgia-Alpharetta, United States-Georgia-Kennesaw, United States-Georgia-Atlanta, United States-Georgia-Marietta, United States-Georgia-Roswell, United States-Georgia-College Park, United States-Georgia-Jonesboro