IBM Mid-Level Network Controller in LEHI, Utah
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
In this exciting role you will be act as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to its customers, the department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations.
· This position directly supports the Client provided GIG capabilities and services in their 24x7 Global Network Support Center (GNSC) working in our Transport, IP, and / or Unified Capabilities (UC) NOC.
· Responsible for overall network engineering support for customer programs including planning, designing, and evaluating various components of the Client Enterprise Network.
· Partner with Engineering team to provide specifications for network architecture, evaluating and recommending new technologies to enhance current capabilities, and performing needs assessments.
· Analyze user requirements, concept of operations documents, and system architectures to develop solutions for network outages or other systems issues.
Provide advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution of complex network problems.
· Interacts with customer and/or senior leadership regarding Network Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts.
· May be required to troubleshoot issues utilizing established procedures.
· This is a rotating shift position and must be available for a rotating shift.
· Position is located at Hill AFB in Utah
Security Clearance: Top Secret w/ SCI Eligibility, need Day 1 to start
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee’s strengths and career aspirations
Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
PSHJ 1SCTY DCHJ GBSPSDC DODAL17
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Bachelor's degree in a relevant technology with 4+ yrs. of related experience; additional years of applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
· Hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline cert (Security+ CE, CISSP or equivalent) prior to start date.
· Ability to work in a 24/7 operation.
· Experience with 1 or more: alarm surveillance, fault management, LAN maintenance, performance management.
· Expertise in 1 or more : routers, switches, crypto devices, routing, DSN/DRSN, Video Services, ATM, Promina, CISCO, Juniper, MSPP, DWDM, Optical Switching.
· Understanding of transport and IP network topologies.
· Active Secret clearance and ability to obtain & maintain a Top Secret clearance
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security +ce.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.