Penske Rental Sales Representative - B2B / Outside Sales in Lenexa, Kansas
Are you a self-starter, go-getter, and a deal manager looking to move your sales career forward? How about in an industry that is moving the things that move the world forward? The trucking sector of the transportation industry moved nearly 69% of all domestic freight. Penske is a leader in transportation services and we help our customers succeed!
We are expanding our sales team and looking to find passionate, highly motivated, sales-minded individuals to help us grow our business! Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 2 years sales experienced dealing in the B2B space with prior responsible for lead generation, cold calling, and development and presentation of proposals.
The Rental Sales Representative is responsible for business development through the marketing of our rental product lines and will grow our existing customer base through direct sales. You will also be responsible for the account management for existing accounts in the areas of fleet planning and profitability. This role offers a salary and commission, company vehicle, and substantial training to further develop your sales skills. Successful individuals in this role can look to continue their growth into sales positions of greater complexity with Penske, or, potentially consider operational management careers.
• Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms
• Recommend products to customers, based on customers' needs and interests
• Contact regular and prospective customers to demonstrate products, explain product features, and solicit orders
• Estimate or quote prices, credit or contract terms, warranties, and delivery dates
• Consult with clients after sales or contract signings to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support
• Prepare estimates, and bids that meet specific customer needs
• Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences
• Arrange and direct delivery and installation of products and equipment
• Monitor market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales
• Deliver prepared sales talks, reading from scripts that describe products or services, in order to persuade potential customers to purchase a product or service
• Contact businesses or private individuals by telephone in order to solicit sales for goods or services
• Explain products or services and prices, and answer questions from customers
• Obtain customer information such as name, address, and payment method, and enter orders into computers
• Record names, addresses, purchases, and reactions of prospects contacted
• Adjust sales scripts to better target the needs and interests of specific individuals
• Obtain names and telephone numbers of potential customers from sources such as telephone directories, magazine reply cards, and lists purchased from other organizations
• Answer telephone calls from potential customers who have been solicited through advertisements
• Telephone or write letters to respond to correspondence from customers or to follow up initial sales contacts
• Maintain records of contacts, accounts, and orders
• Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
• At least 2 years customer service experience required
• At least 2 years sales experience required, transportation sales preferred
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Bachelors degree preferred
• Bilingual, Spanish preferred
• Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required
• Strong written/ verbal communication skills required
• Ability to work independently, deal with people, flexibility, and strong written/oral communication skills are required
• Valid Drivers license required
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 17225 West 116th St Lenexa, KS 66219
Primary Location: United States-Kansas-Lenexa
Job: Sales/Business Development/Sales Management
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Sales/Business Development/Sales Management
Req ID: 2000978
- Penske Jobs