HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Patient Care Technician - Inpatient Rehab PRN in Lewisville, Texas
PRN - Night shift - 7 pm to 7 am
Medical City Lewisvilleis focused on providing high-quality care to our community. As aMagnet®recognized facility, we are a leader in the DFW market for quality metrics, and Nursing satisfaction performance according to the National Database of Nursing Quality Indictors.
The Patient Care Tech assists the licensed staff with basic patient care functions, which includes but is not limited to bathing, ambulating, toileting and feeding patients. In addition, picking up meal trays, taking vital signs and measuring and recording intake and output are functions of the Patient Care Tech II. The patient care tech II assist with nursing staff by performing bed side glucose checks, foley catheter care including discontinuation of foley, urine collection, tracheostomy care and simple dressing care.
- Texas CNA (Certified Nurse Assistant) OR Texas CMA (Certified Medical Assistant) OR Texas CEMT-B (Certified Emergency Medical Tech) OR currently enrolled in LVN, RN or BSN nursing program and completed clinical checklist for clinical rotations.
- BLS issued by the American Heart Association certification
- Successful completion of Medical Center of Lewisville’s advances Patient Care Tech II skills training program required upon being hired into the position.
- Completion of medical terminology course preferred.
- No experience required if nursing assistant certification is current; or if currently enrolled in LVN, RN or BSN program with completed clinical checklist for clinical rotations.
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Patient Care Technician - Inpatient Rehab PRN
Location: Texas-Lewisville-Medical City Lewisville
Requisition ID: 00950-106233