WindStream Communications Manager-Local Operations in Lexington, Kentucky
- Will work closely with peer department leaders to ensure MOP’s are scheduled and technician resources are scheduled. The manager will also work directly with the NOC centers and call out departments to determine the best path of resolution. The candidate will need to be someone with a strong network background and has the ability to make decisions quickly to best protect our network.
- Manager will oversee installation and maintenance of all Optical/Transport equipment, Voice switches and Core Data devices in the Windstream network. This includes equipment such as Juniper MX series routers, Cisco routers, Cisco, Cyan, Fujitsu, Nortel and Lucent Transport equipment. This position will also manage customer premise transport and data equipment such as FLM, Nortel, DDM200, Calix, DDM200 nodes, and FT2000 sonet rings. Position also oversees the operation and maintenance of the various DAC’s in this area which include the Tellabs Titan 5500 and 532 along with the various ATM switches. The manager will also be responsible for the FTTT (Fiber to the Tower) network and IPTV Head End maintenance and repair during the night time hours.
- This position will also oversee our voice network. Ensuring all voice network related events are resolved quickly. Voice network includes devices in each Central Offices as well as the remotes such as GTD5, DMS100, Metaswitch, 5EWSS, Adtran TA5000, Adtran TA3000, Calix C7 rings and Calix E7 rings along with the different remote equipment like SLC5, and DISC’s products.
- Ensure Windstreams power infrastructure is installed and maintained properly. This includes but is not limited to battery, generator, UPS and rectifier maintenance.
- Manager is also responsible for the maintenance of Windstream’s buildings, vehicles, elevators, fire suppression systems and property maintenance.
- Oversee and schedule technicians for all MOP (Method Of Procedure) activity for these different work groups with the various Network Operations Centers and Engineering teams to ensure they are completed as scheduled.
- Manager will oversee CO-LO and DATA Center sites located across Kentucky.
- Monitors adherence of safety practices: Provides and records safety training and ensures everyone follows safety rules and procedures. Also ensures all safety related data is stored properly and accurately such as OSHA and accident reports.
- Manager will be responsible for adhering to budgets.
- Manager will promote positive company image to the public: Work with city, county, state and federal officials as well as local customers to maintain a positive image of Windstream
- Apply and support the Windstream Cultural Beliefs by engaging employees to strive toward meeting their personal and corporate goals, as well as striving to help Windstream meet the company objectives.
College degree and 5-7 years professional level experience with 2-3 years supervisory experience; or 9 years related technical and/or telephony experience; or an equivalent combination of education and technical level related experience required.
Primary Location: *US-Kentucky-Lexington
Job Category: Field Operations
Requisition ID: 18003635
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.