American Water Project Manager Operations in Lexington, Kentucky
This exciting opportunity with work directly with our Vice President of Operations on projects within the state. The successful candidate will work with key stakeholders in the business, analyze data, and make recommendations to continous improve our Operations and overall business. If you like working on a team where everyone is passionate about what they do, then this might be the role for you!
We offer a competitive compensation package and benefits including medical, dental, vision, prescription drug insurance; 401k with company match and so much more!
- Primary Role*
Support the operations and functional areas by managing projects that support investment, growth and continuous improvement.
- Key Accountabilities*
• Proactively build and maintain strong customer relationships; maintain consistent communication, manage customer needs and expectations by meeting project timelines.
• Prepares correspondence/provides information for distribution and/or presentation to other agencies, municipal departments, general public, special interest groups, property owners, consultants.
• Manage relationships with assigned areas of the company for the purpose of driving continuous improvement and delivering projects.
• Support activities at all stages of new acquisitions, including relationship building, research, review of proposals, polling, due diligence, public communication, asset control development, customer integration and other related activities which may include after hours work.
• Work with assigned business areas to identify opportunities, prioritize, select/assign and execute projects to successful completion by working with management and project teams.
• Use critical thinking methods to demonstrate opportunity and execute for continuous improvement.
• Identify opportunities, charter (establish goals and scope) and execute projects to successful outcome. Work with business leaders as sponsors and process owners to realize goals of projects.
• Lead project teams and manage performance in a matrix organization.
• Perform complex data analysis, gather data through SAP/BI and develop process controls through analytics and statistical methods.
• Ensuring that appropriate Safety Management systems are established and implemented for all projects.
• Advanced knowledge and use of office productivity tools (MS Office, Lotus Notes, etc.) Enterprise systems knowledge, SAP preferred, Statistical package experience (Minitab, SAS, SPSS or similar).
• General knowledge of operations and customer billing practices, project management and construction management practices, and contract administration
• Knowledge of applicable state and federal regulations
• Knowledge of company procedures, policies and operations
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Lotus Notes, and SAP
• Strong project management skills (e.g. planning, organizing, directing, monitoring and reporting on project activities). A strong sense of organization and schedule, ability to self-direct and prioritize a large number of often non-sequential tasks on multiple concurrent projects.
• Project planning skills: Good verbal and written communication skills (e.g. , presentation, listening, report writing).
• Computer literacy. Competent in the use of word processing, spreadsheets, flow-charting, project scheduling. SAP experience preferred.
• Financial analysis skill, including budget management, business modeling, and basic accounting knowledge.
- 3 years or greater practical business experience in functional or operational role with regulated utility or comparable business organization.
Four year undergraduate degree preferred and experience.
20% but could be more or less depending on the project demands which will vary.
- Work Environment*
Typical office environment but will vary based upon project demands.
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing*™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants* based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.