Oracle Principal Applications Developer in Liberty Corner, New Jersey
Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
This is a remote/office based position which may be performed anywhere in the United States except for within the state of Colorado.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Principal Software Developer
We are Customer Success Platform and part of Oracle Applications Labs, the team that builds and runs Oracle's corporate systems. We have two missions: show case Oracle Cloud OCI and PaaS through internal systems development that run in our public Cloud.
In Customer Success Platform, we build the core customer success and engagement management systems for all of our Cloud customers and revenue. We use all the latest modern web technologies, for mobile and desktop, from React to Java, all running on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, to provide the best Cloud customer experience possible.
We are 100 member global team of product managers, software engineers, scrum masters, test engineers and development operations professionals practicing Kanban and Scrum to build cutting edge cloud web technologies while providing every team member autonomy, mastery and purpose to achieve their absolute best.
We value bottoms up, member driven agile teams; we focus on working software that helps our customers succeed; we encourage risk taking and innovation time to inspire leaps in design and productivity; above all else, we value productivity, autonomy and fulfillment of our team members so that they can achieve their full potential, and beyond.
Join us and thrive!
What Cloud Solutions Needs:
Customer Success Platform team is looking for an ambitious, talented, energetic, and self-motivated principal software developer to build Customer Lifecycle Management application. Our team is a driven development organization, developing the applications that support all Customer success planning and engagement to the Cloud.
In this role you will be immersed in and exposed to complex systems and their integration as Oracle cloud subscription data travels to multiple systems from its inception. Your role is to enable internal and external customers to manage the lifecycle of their cloud subscriptions. The team is building the application to drive the success of every cloud customer, especially SaaS.
You will be responsible for designing, building and deploying services, monitoring complex systems, managing high volume transactions and their integration with other applications. You'll be able to identify problem before they occur, while also guiding junior developers globally. The ideal candidate is a proven hands-on developer using top technologies such as Oracle JET and Java to release high quality software products following continuous integration and deployment.
· Work independently with minimal supervision, following the organization's vision.
· Collaborate with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications
· Use tools and methodologies to create representations for functions and user interface of desired product
· Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
· Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
· Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to development team
· Have high and strict quality standards to ensure consistency of initial design
· Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers worldwide
· Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
· Approve final product before launch
· Comfortable presenting, communicating and interacting with executives within and outside the organization
· Proven experience as Principal software developer (7 years of experience)
· Experience in software development and coding in Object Oriented languages (Java)
· Experience building Cloud Applications
· Experience working with microservices and building performance driven APIs
· Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
· Excellent knowledge of Unified Modelling Language (UML) and other modeling methods
· Experience delivering features with continuous integration (CI/CD)
· Understanding of software quality assurance principles
· A technical mindset with great attention to detail
· High quality organizational and leadership skills
· Outstanding communication and presentation abilities
· Must be adaptable, flexible, organized and work well in a local and global team environment
· Must have a strong drive for success
· BS or equivalent in computer science/engineering or relevant field. MS or equivalent in computer science/engineering will be desired.
Job: *Product Development
Title: Principal Applications Developer
Requisition ID: 210000GA
Other Locations: United States
- Oracle Jobs