Monsanto Biotechnology analyst in LICHTENBURG, South Africa
Responsible for genetic quality tests and other supportive functions in the laboratory, managing the work load of seed analysts and temporary labour in the lab to ensuring availability of results.
Preparing of GMO samples for protein extraction on a daily basis
Testing of BT trait purity for the presence of BT gene
Running of the Labware LIMS program for Elisa performed
Transfer recorded results into SAP system
Track all samples and results progress.
Evaluate RR samples according to ISTA rules
Testing grinded conventional seeds for adventitious presence.
Follow QMS system for the laboratory
Prepare, pack and record GMO and Non GMO samples for exporting purposes.
AP tests and keeping track of all these samples for results and record keeping purposes.
Conform to GLP principals and other prescribed quality systems and relevant regulations
To ensure all relevant information is supplied timeously and accurately.
Participate in new testing protocols in line with specialization, example active ingredient loading test, related to business needs
To assist the laboratory manager to ensure total quality according to customer needs.
Participate in Global projects and surveys
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· MSc degree or higher in Biochemistry, Microbiology or relevant field
· Experience of quantitative and qualitative analysis of biological samples
· Reasonable knowledge and practical experience with ISO and GLP (Good Laboratory Practice)
· Computer Literacy
· Knowledge of SAP
· Results orientated
· Relationships and networking (Communicational skills)
· Organizational (Planning skills)
· Analytical skills
· Manage challenges and handle work pressure well
· Practical course in seed analysis
· Three years’ experience in a seed laboratory
· Knowledge of both seed physiology and seed genetics
· Position is based in Lichtenburg.
· Occasional travel (local and international) for meetings and training is required.
· The ability to fit within the Monsanto culture and work ethic.
Organization: GLB SC Seed Quality51124893_
Title: Biotechnology analyst
Location: Africa-South Africa-Lichtenburg-Lichtenburg
Requisition ID: 01NZ8
Job: Quality Assurance/Quality Control
At Monsanto, we value a diverse combination of ideas, perspectives and cultures. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. If you need a reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please for further assistance.access our disability accommodations process
U.S. Employment Law (applicable for U.S. jobs ONLY): EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. For information about equal employment opportunity rights, please refer to this information from the U.S. federal government: ; .
EEOC PosterEEOC Supplement