Farmers Insurance Commercial General Liabiity Claims Specialist - Lisle, IL in Lisle, Illinois
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Investigates, determines liability, confirms coverage, establishes damages, and negotiates settlement of claims. Will also be required to maintain an active Conducts investigation on complex and more difficult cases, confirms coverage, determines liability, reports status, and negotiates settlement (has authority to make payment of assigned claims within prescribed limits).
Essential Job Functions
- Handles one or more of the following areas: Workers' Compensation Handles losses dealing with employee-injury statutory benefits. Property Handles losses dealing with commercial property, business interruption, and heavy residential and contents losses. Commercial Liability Handles Non-Auto Bodily Injury and Property Damage, Products, Completed Operations and all other commercial claims involving serious injury, damage, or other exposure; and completes investigation and evaluation of complicated coverage issues; works closely with the policyholder, agency force, commercial underwriting, and regional Loss Control to assure the coordination of risk selection, loss control management techniques, and the intent of policy coverage.
- Negotiates and concludes settlements within assigned authority; recommends further action or settlement on cases above delegated authority, and coordinates litigated cases with defense counsel; handles various subpoenas as required; prepares cases for arbitratio n and attends settlement conferences and trials as directed.
- Efforts are directed to the more difficult and complex cases which may exceed the experience and capability of the Commercial Claims Representative and Senior Commercial Claims Representative.
- May be assigned the responsibility of training new Commercial Claims Representatives.
- May direct and administer most phases of the CCO operation and/or perform supervisory duties as a temporary assignment.
- Assists and trains agents under the Agency Claims Training Program. Determines and reports on subrogation potential of claims; prepares supporting documentation for arbitration of subrogation claims and represents the Company in arbitration hearings. May assist clerical personnel as directed with answers to technical claims questions and decisions as to claim file activity. Performs most duties on an individual basis, and work has a direct bearing on Management results.
- Represents the Company from a public relations standpoint and must conduct oneself as a member of Management at all times.
- Contacts are a major part of activity and include policyholders, claimants, agents, witness, contractors, police and fire departments, state and county fraud and arson personnel, special investigators, attorneys, expert witnesses, members of the medical profession and all other persons incident to the investigation and processing of claims.
- Promotes safety at all times and complies with safety/ergonomic standards as outlined in relevant company published manuals.
Performs other functions as assigned. Adjusters license in states where required.
Bending Pulling Sorting Carrying up to 20 lbs. Pushing Speaking (English) Climbing Reaching Standing Key entering Reading (English) Walking Kneeling Seeing Writing (English)
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment, but with exposure to some or all of the following environments when in the field: Uncontrolled outside environmental conditions Excessive Noise Levels Chemicals Chemical/Biological Conditions Moving Mechanical Parts Areas considered dangerous Conditions, which could affect the respiratory system or skin such as: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, oils, smoke, soot, or poor ventilation.
Four-year college degree required.
Successful demonstration.completion of the Special Claims Representative prerequisites, proficiencies, and exams, as required based on unit assignment.
- External candidates should also have a minimum of three years of prior claims experience.
Five years minimum Litigation experience preferred.
Special Skill Requirement
Communication Skills Personal Computer Literate Valid driver's license Bondable
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Commercial General Liabiity Claims Specialist - Lisle, IL
Requisition ID: 180009ID