WindStream Communications Customer Lifecycle and Retention Manager in Little Rock, Arkansas
This independent contributor role is responsible for small business customer retention and life cycle management. The Consultant develops and implements SMB customer retention strategies while working directly with customer-facing teams. This is a key role on the SMB team that will develop, launch and manage efforts to reduce SMB churn.
Job Responsibilities: * Develop the Small Business team’s retention strategies for customer lifecycle stages. * Pursue and analyze detailed retention strategy results and analytics. * Identify detailed churn reasons and action plans monthly and as-needed. * Interpret churn results from statistical data to develop and inform overall strategic development. * Develop written communication and/or other material needed to communicate information regarding new programs or initiatives. * Coordinate retention efforts with SMB Marketing Acquisition to ensure coordinated customer communications. * Provides weekly, monthly and quarterly updates on planned and delivered activities to the business. * Ability to manage laterally and across functional areas to create effective team coordination. * Effectively uses customer insight including segmentation, product penetration, ARPU, competitive environment and other data to assist in strategic development. * Works independently and takes initiative around reducing SMB churn. * Responsible for project managing, support and coordination efforts of retention efforts.
- Strong background in small business life cycle management and churn reduction.
- Independent worker with strong initiative and results-oriented
- Desire to be the small business life cycle leader who drives strategies to launch and success.
- Thrives in fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Able to multitask and demonstrates the drive and initiative to work well independently.
- Self-Starter who can identify needs and will formulate strategies and plans with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work effectively in team environments.
- Goal-driven and able to maintain expectations related to due dates and timelines.
- Working knowledge of the small and medium business segments.
- Willingness to comply with all Windstream policies and procedures.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and functions based on changing market conditions.
- Analyze problems and/or information and formulate conclusions and recommendations.
- Financial and statistical acumen.
- Solid critical thinking skills and a drive to explore options for addressing common and complex issues.
- Project management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook).
- Flexible travel requirements up to 25%.
College degree and 5-7 years professional level experience with 2-3 years supervisory experience; or 9 years professional level related experience with 2-3 years supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related experience required.
Primary Location: *US-Arkansas-Little Rock
Job Category: *Marketing
EEO Statement: Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.
Requisition ID: 18000991
Other Locations: US-North Carolina-Charlotte, US-Florida-Maitland