WindStream Communications Manager-Network Operations in Little Rock, Arkansas
General Summary: Responsible for managing a geographically diverse repair team encompassing Tier I/II/II repair technicians providing operational support for the customer facing Wholesale Service Assurance repair team. The repair staff manages the 24x7x365 repair support for all TDM, Ethernet, Wave and Fiber to the Tower wholesale customer products. The Repair staff interacts various internal NOC verticals to include Transport NOC, Data NOC, Field Operations, Single Source Fiber Providers, Service Delivery, Access Implementation and external Local Exchange Carriers (LECs) to expeditiously resolve customer outages and impairments.
Job Responsibilities: * Ensure that network problems are resolved quickly and effectively * Ensure that the staff has access to and training on appropriate tools to perform their job effectively * Work with internal groups, vendors, and carriers to resolve network problems * Work with other internal groups to create procedures that ensure a high level of customer service * Ensure staffing levels provide 24x7x365 coverage * Ensure technical development and training of repair staff * Ensure adherence to NOC/company standards, processes and procedures * Technical understanding of TDM, Ethernet, Wave and Fiber to the Tower Technologies (FTTT) * Conduct formal and informal training and coaching sessions with the staff as needed * Work with staff and other groups to resolve technical issues * Respond and drive customer escalations with LEC's and internal teams Perform various supervisory duties which including but not limited to:
- Conduct monthly team staff meetings
- Conduct monthly 1x1 meetings with all repair employees
- Sett performance expectations
- Hire and maintain technical resources in the group
- Follow disciplinary action procedures and documenting human resource issues
- Conduct performance evaluations
- Other duties and projects as assigned Desired Qualifications:
- 10 years of operations experience in a Telecommunications Network Operations Center
- Previous troubleshooting experience of network elements, protocols, and services.
- Understanding of Fiber Optic Networks, DWDM and SONET, GIGE, Ethernet services.
- 5 to 7 years of management experience in related job field.
- Broad understanding oftelecommunicationnetworks and L1 through L3.
- Superior customer service skills
- Experienced working with Remedy ticketing system
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access & Microsoft Visio.
Minimum Requirements: College degree in Engineering or a related field and 5-7 years professional level experience with 0-2 years supervisory experience; or 9 years professional level related Engineering/Technical experience with 0-2 years supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related Engineering/Technical experience required. #LI-AF
Primary Location: *US-Arkansas-Little Rock
Job Category: Field Operations
Requisition ID: 18003379
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.