WindStream Communications Network Analyst II-NOC in Little Rock, Arkansas
Job Description: Network Analyst II (Internetwork Analyst)
The successful candidate will serve as a technical and subject matter expert for the IP Operations Center (IPOC) which provides Tier-2 support for internal NOC verticals. The IP Operation Center (IPOC) provides 24x7x365 support for the Windstream Communications service provider data network. The network consists of routing and switching platforms from Juniper, Cisco, and Alcatel-Lucent devices as well as a variety of other data network equipment. Intermediate to advanced knowledge of data internet-networking in needed, particularly experience with IP Networks including: ISIS, BGP, MPLS, SD-WAN and the ability to learn new products and services.
The successful candidate should possess advanced troubleshooting knowledge of IP Networks and equipment to quickly repair / mitigate core outage conditions. The position requires strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to drive issues to resolution. Technicians will interface via phone, video, chat, and ticketing systems with Windstream technicians, front-line technical reps, and Carrier technicians to resolve issues, mitigate outages, and ensure that all steps are professionally documented.
Work is performed in shifts within a 24x7 Network Operations Center environment. Candidates must be available to work ANY SHIFT, including nights, weekends, and holidays. The shift will cover Friday – Monday,13:00 to 23:30 CDT.
Work is performed in shifts within a 24x7 Network Operations Center environment. Candidates must be available to work ANY SHIFT, including nights, weekends, and holidays. The shift will cover Friday – Monday, 13:00 to 23:30 CDT.
Education and Experience: Associates Degree in Technical discipline (engineering, physics, computer science, etc.) and 4-6 years internetworking or electronics experience with 3 years directly related to the job. College hours or a college degree may be substituted for some experience as deemed appropriate.
· 4-year degree in a technical discipline (engineering, physics, computer science, etc.)
· 5 years of experience with IT/LAN/WAN in an operations or help-desk environment
· 5 years of troubleshooting network elements, protocols, services, and transport layer problems
· Knowledge of central office transport equipment including test methods
· Understanding of LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, ATM, Frame Relay and ADSL
· Understanding of SD-WAN
· Understanding of ATM and/or frame relay services
· Demonstrated excellent communication skills
· Demonstrated technical skills in data networking or closely related field
· Demonstrated knowledge of broadband equipment, protocols, and networking
· Experience with Cisco, Juniper and Nokia routing platforms
CCNA, CCNP, JNCIA, JNCIS desired
Primary Location: *US-Arkansas-Little Rock
Job Category: *Engineering
EEO Statement: Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to
Requisition ID: 18003264
Other Locations: US-South Carolina-Greenville