Comcast Business Intelligence Analyst, Sales Operations in Livermore, California
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Military Experience Welcome!
Benefits for new hires start on Day 1.
The Business Operations team plays a critical role in defining and driving operational, organizational, and strategic improvements across the company. Our goal is to enable the company to scale operations to support our revenue and employee growth. We work closely with the executive leadership team to identify strategic and operational challenges across the company. Our dynamic work environment encourages and rewards innovators who bring outside-the-box thinking and leadership skills.
The Business Operation Analyst plays a critical role in driving execution of company goals, working collaboratively with various cross-functional departments. This highly visible role is responsible for resource planning, compensation and incentives development/management, budgeting and forecasting, P&L management, financial reporting, and sales and business process effectiveness. Our ideal candidate will have a strong spirit of innovation and experience at a fast-growing technology company. Using your deep Excel skills to define problems, build models, and develop strong recommendations should be exciting to you. You will roll-up your sleeves, dig into a variety of data sources, perform analyses, help drive project implementation, and track your projects' impact. You will weave stories with meaningful insight from data to improve problem solving for operational transformation and other strategic projects.
Responsible for providing business performance analysis, reporting, and forecasting. Provides a variety of financial data; maintains and updates financial models and plans. Provides financial analysis and projections to all levels within the organization in support of functional business
Objectives. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as resource for colleagues with less experience.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Provides budget, forecast, and variance analysis and related reports as needed.
- Conducts financial research, analyzes financial performance against objectives, and determines emerging financial trends.
- Provides rationale behind reports and analysis and relays them in simple terms.
- Creates and maintains statistical/financial databases and reports. Runs appropriate weekly, monthly, and annual reports.
- Interacts as team member and sets the pace for the Financial Analysts team. Interfaces with other department member on special projects or on an as-needed basis.
- Develops key "dashboard" performance indicators that promote awareness and generate improvement actions.
- Assesses and develops tools to automate and streamline processes to gain greater efficiency.
- Collaborates with senior management and cross-functional teams to
Define, launch, execute strategic and operational initiatives via ad-hoc analyses
Create complex financial modeling of proposed operational programs and
Build business case to assess the financial viability and associated risks to develop recommended actions.
- Develops algorithms to score and prioritize marketing, sales, and market development opportunities
- Provides qualified targeting data to sales and marketing
- Develops data and tools strategy and vision
- Works cross-functionally to collect data and makes actionable recommendations at all levels.
- Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities.
- Aggregates data from multiple data sources to provide customer segmentation and
- Performs all aspects of business analysis and data exploitation. Extracts signals and signatures from raw data, integrates that information with other data sources and compiles into actionable intelligence.
- Recommends improvements to competitive business intelligence sources and interpretation of data by sales, business development, product, and executive committees.
- Leads the analysis and reconciliation of data and reporting projects and initiatives delivery.
- Develops, maintains, and reports all relevant product, site, and customer metrics and applies findings to develop appropriate goals and projections.
- Trains others throughout the organization in using key analytical and forecasting tools and statistical analysis.
- Builds Executive presentations for organizational reach
- Performs additional Business Operations duties and tasks as required.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree, MBA is preferred
- Field of Study: Finance, Business Management
- Years of Experience: Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
- Significant SQL query writing experience
- Demonstrated ability to navigate through Tableau reporting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a high degree of attention to detail
- Ability to tell compelling stories and explain complex issues in simple ways
- Compliance: Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
- Disclaimer: The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer