Comcast SMB Construction Specialist in Livermore, California
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Military Experience Welcome!
Benefits for new hires start on Day 1.
- Responsible for assisting with monitoring specialist, technicians and contractors as well as the safety and progress of construction personnel.
- Observes the progress on new build, rebuild, extension, expansion, design, and planning.
- Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline.
- Works independently with minimal guidance.
- Usually determines own work priorities.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Acts as liaison with appropriate Comcast engineering personnel, company consultants and vendors.
- Inspects the quality of work of employees and contractors regularly ensuring that all standards (federal, state and Company) are followed.
- Implements appropriate methods, practices, policies, procedures and change processes keeping employees informed of changes.
- Creates and assigns work schedules.
- Ensures that resources (i.e., vehicles, equipment, and inventory) are maintained in proper working order.
- Works closely with upper management and participates to ensure the execution of projects.
- Ensures that logs and reports are created/ updated on construction, projects, materials and expenditures.
- Serves as a resource to other Specialists on maintaining accurate logs and reports.
- Assists to plans all facets of the construction process, rendering decision on workflow, production planning and control, material and labor cost control.
- Reviews, resolves, follows-up customer request and complaints.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 6-8 years related experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer