Thermo Fisher Scientific Manufacturing Process Engineer in Logan, Utah
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of more than $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
US – Logan, UT/Bioproduction
How will you make an impact?
Will identify, develop, and qualify manufacturing processes and equipment for new products that are critical to developing lifesaving drugs throughout the world.
What will you do?
The Manufacturing Engineer is expected to identify and implement processes and equipment to meet the needs of new products under development. Aspects include minimize cost, minimize scrap, meet capacity and efficiency targets all in a safe manner.
• New process development, optimization, and qualification
• Specifying, procuring, and qualifying new equipment as needed
• Identifying and optimizing material and process flows
• Design and procure dies, fixtures, and other tooling as required
How will you get here?
BS Degree in engineering - mechanical, manufacturing, or materials and 5+ years experience in manufacturing/process engineering or MS Degree in engineering and 3+ years experience in manufacturing/process engineering or relevant technical years of experience without degree. Must also have experience in CAD software, Solidworks preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Experienced in manufacturing process and equipment development and qualification
• Controls experience desired
• ISO13485 experience a plus
• Experience with Lean Manufacturing Methods and philosophy
• Self-motivated and good problem solving skills using investigative tools (5 Why, Fishbone, Fault Tree Analysis, 8D, etc.)
• Familiar with engineering standards, testing, SPC and FMEAs
• Good technical writing skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio)
• Proficiency in DOE and FEA and associated software tools.
• Willingness to travel as required (<10% anticipated)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here at https://jobs.thermofisher.com/page/show/eeo-affirmative-action-statement#accessibility for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Jobs