Marsh & McLennan Delegated Underwriting Authority Business Partner - Located in Worcester or Chipping Sodbury in London, United Kingdom
Delegated Authority Business Partner
We are Jelf. Award winning experts in Insurance, Risk Management and Employee Benefits for businesses and individuals. Having recently joined forces with Bluefin we bring together two leading insurance brokers and client advisory businesses that offer an unrivalled proposition delivered locally from across the UK.
We have a unique opportunity for an individual with extensive insurance knowledge across a broad range of products to become a key member of our Binder Management team. We are experiencing an exciting period of evolution within our binder business and you will have the opportunity to play a significant part in this. This position covers both new and existing binder business across a wide range of products including but not limited to Property and Casualty, Farm, Marine and Rail.
Reporting into our Binder Manager you will be responsible for the full cradle to grave binder management process, from writing new contracts to a full technical review of our 75-80 binders. You will also be required to provide technical assistance, expert advice and innovative solutions to key stakeholders and deliver high quality and efficient service in binder management and wholesale distribution agency management to both internal and external clients.
This is an ideal opportunity for an individual with broad insurance and underwriting experience who has excellent regulatory and compliance knowledge and wishes to progress into a Delegated Authority led position.
• Delivery of key binder management in accordance with processing instructions and, provide full proactive operational support to ensure they are accurately implemented within the business
• Assist in the process of writing and renewing binders in support of the documentation process including drafting new & renewal agreements together with any Endorsements as may be required from time to time
• Provide final business technical sign-off in relation to all Binders and Documentation in line with permissions granted
• Ensure all aspects of onboarding and monitoring of wholesale distribution agency (brokers) are managed in line with the requirements of the business
• Oversee and provide technical and review assistance as necessary in response to internal and external audit requirements
• Undertake real time due diligence of all producing brokers using the REG UK software tool
Skills & Experience
• Extensive experience of working within the insurance broking or wider insurer industry across a broad range of insurance products
• Previous experience of working in an underwriting capacity
• Experience of working within a highly regulatory or compliance based role across the insurance or financial services industries
• Strong demonstrable technical insurance knowledge
We are Jelf – award winning experts in insurance, risk management and employee benefits for businesses and individuals.
Our deep knowledge of both the industry sectors and communities we serve means we can offer advice and solutions that meet our clients' needs today, anticipate what they need tomorrow, and help question if there’s an even better way.
Jelf recently joined forces with Bluefin, bringing together two leading insurance brokers and client advisory businesses. A newly transformed business built on decades of experience with the same purpose, dependability and commitment to excellent service.
We're also part of Marsh and McLennan Companies (MMC) – a global network of experts in risk, strategy and people. With roots dating back to 1871, MMC’s businesses have been helping clients prosper amid changing times, from the Industrial Revolution to the digital age.
Our strength is our expertise and the relationships we build – powerful industry insight and total commitment to our clients and the communities we serve across the UK. And our purpose is simple: helping businesses and individuals thrive through understanding.
MMC offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.