Hilton Events Manager - Hilton London Tower Bridge in London, United Kingdom
A Events Manager manages the Meetings and Events Sales office to develop future and repeat business by converting customer enquiries into confirmed sales.
What will I be doing?
As Events Manager, you will manage the Meetings and Events Sales office to develop future and repeat business by converting customer enquiries into confirmed sales. The Meeting Events Manager will interact frequently with customers and Guests to learn about their needs and develop relationships from which to earn repeat and expanded business. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Maximise all Meeting and Events Sales revenue opportunities
- Manage the department's day-to-day operations and activities, whereas implementation of the selling strategy yields meetings and events space
- Review business plans, identify gaps and ensure proactive efforts to fill capacity and meet set targets
- Contribute to the selling strategy of the hotel, and manage the departments' adherence to achieving that strategy
- Understand the competitive market place and implement approaches to ensure the hotel stays ahead in the local market
- Ensure the highest standards of Event Management are in place including building relationships with new/existing customers in order to secure rollover business
- Ensure the Meeting and Events Team Members are developed effectively and generate a culture of high quality standards for relationship building, customer service, selling techniques, and billing and processing contracts
- Build strong relationships with customers, Guests and Team Members in order to gain full understanding of their needs and work to serve them effectively
- Assist in the recruiting, managing, training and developing of the Team
- Participate in the organisation of hotel promotional activities
What are we looking for?
A Events Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Demonstrated previous managerial or supervisory experience in a Meetings and Events Sales function in the hotel/leisure sector
- Strong leadership skills to effectively manage and motivate the team to achieve high level of perform and exceed targets
- Strong analytical skills to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop approaches to these challenges
- Excellent selling capability and an ability and desire to coach selling techniques to their team
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Accountable and resilient
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of the hotel property management systems
- Previous experience in the same or similar role.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Events Manager - Hilton London Tower Bridge
Requisition ID: HOT05QCB