Shell Power Supply Analyst - Germany in london, United Kingdom
Auto req ID 82289BR
Job Title Power Supply Analyst - Germany
Country of Work Location United Kingdom
City, State (if applicable) london
Work Location London - Strand
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
As part of executing the Power Growth Strategy since 2016, SEE has been planning to launch a business selling power to German industrial and commercial consumers. After go live in October 2017, we have successfully grown the number of meter points served and plan to grow further in 2018 and beyond. The chosen SEE business model for Power is a centralized trading and operations hub in London, with local representative offices in various countries providing customer liaison and support in cases where language and other factors require it. We therefore now plan to grow the London based operations team to manage these meter points.
This is an exciting opportunity to get early involvement in the operational management of an important growth area for T&S and the Shell Group, developing skills and experiences which will be crucial to Shell achieving its goal of profitably meeting society’s needs and proving a world-class investment case, as we navigate through the energy transition towards a low-carbon energy system.
Day-to-day activities include setting up and maintaining contracts with power customers, including including the following:
• Registration of new meters to Shell’s power balancing accounts
• Setup of contracts with new Distribution Network Operators including registration in Shell’s IT systems; monitoring the timeliness and quality of data (e.g. volume reads) coming from the systems, and taking steps to rectify where necessary
• Assistance in reconciliation and payment of relevant industry fees and levies, including troubleshooting late/missing/erroneous data from industry participants
• Maintaining the configuration of IT
systems to support SEE supplying power to end users
• Liaison with German Sales Office (Hamburg) to assist in setup of new customers in Shell’s power operations systems.
• Maintenance of meter registrations with industry participants, including troubleshooting of issues
• Enhancing/streamlining the meter administration processes
• Setup/Maintenance of other contracts supporting the delivery of power to end users in Germany
• Fluent/nativeGerman language is essential
•Strong communication and collaboration skills
•Strong IT skills.
•Operational experience, preferably in gas or power; anInterest in the power sector and growing Shell’s business in this area (Power Trading/sales and New Energies)
• Willingness to learn and an enthusiasm for doing things for the first time
•Ability to understand, build and maintain/enhance work processes
No. of Positions 1
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Removal Date 13-Jul-2018