Shell Project Business Analyst - Trading / Blockchain in London, United Kingdom
Project Business Analyst - Trading / Blockchain
No. of Positions:
Purpose and accountabilities
Give us your IT Business Analyst / digital transformation skills and we will offer you the chance to work on major blockchain / digital projects.
The IT Business Analyst is responsible for identifying and defining the business needs of their clients and stakeholders, and helping to determine solutions to meet business needs or resolve business problems. This work is within the Oil Trading business supporting business located in London, Rotterdam, Singapore, Bahamas, Dubai and others. The role initially will be focused on a high visibility, high complexity project which is putting Shell at the cutting edge both in terms of technology and as industry leaders.
• Experience of analysing and mapping interface development is important.
• Knowledge of blockchain would be advantageous
• Able to link technical solutions with business strategy when working with business partners.
• Has knowledge of how competitors are using IT solutions to gain competitive edge, applies that knowledge to projects.
• Leading stakeholder management activities. Creates opportunities to make the stakeholder feel valued and develop trust.
• Broad and extensive knowledge, often in own specialized field, to provide interpretive, advisory or facilitating services for the use of others to achieve results.
• Participates in team effort to create new best practice material based on identified gaps. Serves as an SME for specific tools, techniques, or business areas.
• Participates in industry IT BA related activities such as IIBA webcasts and/or chapter meetings and applies learnings within Shell including sharing of learnings.
Auto req ID:
Country of Work Location:
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
London - Strand
Skills & Requirements
• IT BA experience working in consultancy or in-house on wide ranging IT indicatives.
• Proficient in documenting functional and non-functional requirements
• Agile experience
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate across business boundaries to deliver people, process, and technology solutions
• Ability to deliver against agreed plans and assess business value
• CCBA or PMI-PBA or working to achieve CBAP or certified would be ideal.
• Technical specialism of IT Business Analysis with a systematic and analytical approach to problem solving and pays close attention to detail.
• Able to act as a focal point for a specialized area (technical or business); able to lead teams while managing multiple competing priorities.
• Demonstrates a concern and aptitude for considering the user’s perspective in IT development. and has a deep understanding of user aspects of interactive systems.
• Has a comprehensive understanding of business process improvement, benefit and risk management.
City, State (if applicable):
- Shell Jobs