Farmers Insurance Credit Union Branch Operations Specialist in Los Angeles, California
We are Farmers! ** Farmers Insurance is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work and listed in Forbes’ /Best Employers for New Grads in 2018/. Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Job Summary The Branch Operations Specialist works with branches and back office departments to provide operational support, including the introduction of new programs and services. Responsible for resource allocation, special projects, and increasing efficiencies within the branches. Is a team member of the system test team, and also may provide training to branch staff.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist Branch Operations Supervisor in coordinating Branch Operations Training for new hires.
- Provide System Matter Expert Training for Credit Union Branch Counselors on platform utilized by branch staff.
- Work together with other business units leads in order to ensure Branch Operations is training with the most updated process relative to areas of expertise.
- Responsible for coordinating mentoring/coaching debriefs with branches with low audit ratings in order to improve significantly.
- Notifies Branch Operations Supervisor if a branch needs operational support or guidance, and schedules a branch visit if needed to address concerns.
- Responsible for testing new processes and procedures relative to our core system and identifying any issues prior to implementation.
- Supports Branch Operations Coordinator with their daily responsibilities when assistance is needed in order to ensure tasks are performed timely.
- Recommends, analyzes and drives branch efficiencies initiatives.
- Evaluates and implements improvements to enhance branch performance by reviewing daily reports; such as Closed Accounts, Open Accounts, Cash Transfers and set up of accounts.
- Serves as the administrator for various platforms of technology used by branch staff, such as: Springboard, WireXchange, CCM, Catalyst, and Experian.
- Also, serves as the administrator for Catalyst which will include setting up member-facing staff with access to TranZact, a platform used for the ordering of cash for both branches and ATMs.
- Retrieves check images; such as On-Us and Off-Us checks, and resets passwords when needed.
- Monitors group email to provide support on all Credit Union technical applications.
- Stays abreast and cross trained on general Credit Union operations such as member transactions, and customer inquiries in order to provide back up coverage if needed. This may require traveling to a branch.
- Maintains up to date, working knowledge of all systems, participates in learning new information and application of all systems and is responsible for disseminating the training information to branch staff.
Leads the development and integration of updated information into the training programs utilized by the branch staff.
Physical Actions Sits or stands for extended periods of time, up to a full work shift. Occasionally reaches overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Occasionally moves, lifts, carries, and places objects and supplies weighing 0-10 pounds without assistance. Listens to, interprets, and differentiates auditory information (e.g. others speaking) at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Visually verifies and reads information. Visually locates material, resources and other objects. Ability to continuously operate a computer for extended periods of time, up to a full work shift. Physical dexterity sufficient to use hands, arms, and shoulders repetitively to operate keyboard and other office equipment up to a full work shift.
Physical Environment This position operates in an open office working environment which will include normal and customary distractions, noise, and interruptions.
Education Requirements High School Diploma or Equivalent required. Associate Degree or two years of college, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Experience Requirements Minimum three years experience in a financial institution including two years in a cash handling position required.
Special Skill Requirement Good MS Excel and Word skills
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job: *Credit Union
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Credit Union Branch Operations Specialist
Location: California-Los Angeles
Requisition ID: 1900017Q