Comcast Global Sales Director in Los Angeles, California
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
The successful candidate will take on responsibility to drive the strategy and sales for a set of Strategic Accounts and will be responsible for the development of the short and long-term Product Sales for the Strategic Account territory.
Implements the annual strategic plan, and the tactical steps required to ensure attainment of monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals. Organizes, promotes, and orchestrates all sales activities. Candidate will need to demonstrate proficiency in reviewing records and generating reports that are to be provided to sales management.
As the Global Account Director and the owner of Business Development for the Digital Media Strategic Account Territory you would be responsible for the Strategic Account go to market strategy and execution. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Sales, your role would include (a) managing all relationship and sales and account management of a Strategic Accounts (b) Matrix management of Product Specialists, Sales Engineers, Support, Professional Services staff and Product Marketers distributed throughout the country, (c) work with multiple BUs to include their products in our customer offerings and support the sales organizations and (d) work closely with product management and professional services to ensure product/market fit and workflow continuity.
As the Global Sales Director you will carry a mixed cross geography and cross product revenues quota (Sales attainment based). This commitment will have to be accomplished through tight collaboration with executives and teams in our key divisions: Strata, Invisible World, Freewheel and Comcast Wholesale by means of both direct (initial) and overlay (long term) collaboration/sales.
* Develops customer account strategies and tactical penetration plans.
* Develops customer relationships.
* Develops compelling value propositions based on ROI cost/benefit analysis.
* Executes against the major steps of the sales process:
* Finds new business opportunities (either net new or within the existing client base)
* Qualifies new opportunities
* Closes new business, in line with monthly, quarterly and annual goals.
* Serves as a focal point for customer services issue escalation.
* Manages closure on customer support issue.
* Sells against annual revenue targets for software licenses and services.
* Maintains high levels of customer satisfaction and loyalty with customers.
* Manages to detail regarding the customer account contact management information through the entire sales lifecycle process.
* Strong sales/technical product background highly preferred (i.e. cloud, OVP, CRM, or other complex enterprise software background.)
* Successful and demonstrable sales/ revenue and gross margin accomplishments in working with large and complex organization
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Experience selling C Level decision makers.
* Experience in selling to digital media and software industries
* Experience in selling to content providers
* Experience in product positioning and pricing
* CDN/Networking experience
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 9 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer