Farmers Insurance IT Project Manager Credit Union in Los Angeles, California
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Has authority, delegated by the CEO, to hold individuals accountable for their assigned projects’ development/implementation/completion commitments and responsibilities. Controls projects and helps determine responsible/accountable project team members and leader. Works with internal customers to keep all significant projects moving forward timely. Documents progress with project planning and control forms and other relevant files.
Essential Job Functions
- Manages and oversees large, long range, or multiple complex IT projects.
- Analyzes software releases and upgrades, facilitates operational testing, promotes and communicates changes and enhancements to staff.
- Tracks progress on all assigned projects, Credit Union wide.
- Works with project team leaders and members to keep work moving ahead timely.
- Works to comprehend the Credit Union’s business environment (big picture) and balances strategic needs with the achievement/control that comes from mastery of the details.
- Gathers information, defines, and researches project requirements through interaction with a variety of vendors and business partners.
- Develops and presents details of proposed project plans and timelines that clearly define each state of the project lifecycle.
- Organizes the project team and resources to accomplish the tasks to execute the plan.
- Manages the execution of the plan, leading project team meetings, scheduling tasks, and monitoring budget and quality standards.
- Tracks and documents approved projects from inception through post- implementation analysis while maintaining timely delivery with high overall quality.
- Facilitates and manages multiple projects of any size or scope.
- Prioritizes internal customers’ and business needs through scheduled weekly meetings.
- Is the permanent chair member of the Credit Union.
- Suggestion Plan committee and coordinates its meetings. F
- Follows up on all suggestions as necessary.
- Creates weekly status reports that effectively communicate current goals and recent accomplishments.
- Trains and coaches staff throughout the organization, as appropriate.
- Maintains the Business Continuity Plan (BCP).
- Coordinates the BCP updates as necessary, maintains personal education of business contingency and disaster planning, and communicates recommendations in this area to management.
- Schedules annual review of entire BCP by meeting with the management team and coordinating the deadline for submission of all updates.
- Major operational changes, such as a new branch, should be incorporated (as much as possible) with the quarterly updates, and no later than the annual review.
- Assistance to be provided by the EVP. Assists VPs and Supervisors in scheduling regular training with the staff in disaster procedures.
- This should be completed at least annually, and documented in the BCP book maintained in their respective department/ location.
- Studies and analyses all new Ultradata (software) releases and upgrades, coordinates operational testing thereof, communicates and “sells” changes/enhancements to appropriate staff, and attends HFS/Ultradata conferences.
- Promotes safety at all times and complies with safety/ergonomic standards as outlined in relevant company published manuals.
Performs other duties as assigned.
*Physical Actions: *Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10-lbs. maximum and seeing.
*Physical Environment: *Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
*Education Requirements: *
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate/designation preferred.
- Four years of professional experience as an IT Project Manager or possession of a Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
Basic knowledge of IT operating principles, data communications, information systems, hardware and software.
*Experience Requirements: *Two or more years experience in managing large-scale projects. Experience in financial services industry preferred.
*Special Skill Requirement: *All-embracing project management, problem solving, decision-making, and leadership skills with extensive experience in researching and managing projects throughout the entire product lifecycle. Excellent verbal communication, presentation, facilitator, and negotiating skills.
/ Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce. /
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: IT Project Manager Credit Union
Location: California-Los Angeles
Requisition ID: 1900032F