HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Medicaid Eligibility Advocate in Los Angeles, California
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES–Responsible for conducting eligibility screenings, assessment of patient financial requirements, and counseling patients on insurance benefits and co-payments. The Benefits Advisor serves as a liaison between the patient, hospital, and governmental agencies; and is actively involved in all areas of case management.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Screen and evaluate patients for existing insurance coverage, federal and state assistance programs, or hospital charity application.
- Re-verifies benefits and obtains authorization and/or referral after treatment plan has been discussed, prior to initiation of treatment.
- Ensures appropriate signatures are obtained on all necessary forms.
- Obtain legally relevant medical evidence, physician statements and all other documentation required for eligibility determination.
- Complete and file applications.
- Initiate and maintain proper follow-up with the patient and government agency caseworkers to ensure timely processing and completion of all mandated applications and accompanying documentation.
- Ensure all insurance, demographic and eligibility information is obtained and entered into the system accurately.
- Document progress notes to the patient’s file and the hospital computer system.
- Participates in ongoing, comprehensive training programs as required.
- Follows policies and procedures to contribute to the efficiency of the office.
- Covers and assists with other office functions as requested.
- Will be required to make field visits as necessary.
- Adheres to and supports organizational IT&S standards, policies, and procedures.
- Adheres to Code of Conduct.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines.
- An understanding of patient confidentiality to protect the patient and the clinic/corporation.
- Demonstrated communication, problem solving and case management skills and the ability to act/decide accordingly.
- Ability to collect, synthesize and research complex or diverse information.
- Exceptional customer service and the ability to plan organize and exercise sound judgment.
- College degree preferred or high school diploma (equivalent).
- * EXPERIENCE
- A minimum three years of hospital/medical business office experience with insurance procedures and patient interaction.
- Strong familiarity with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures.
Job: *Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling
Title: Medicaid Eligibility Advocate
Location: California-Los Angeles-Adventist Health White Memorial
Requisition ID: 26588-141801