Silgan Can Line Mechanic in LYONS, New York
SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE
Services, performs equipment set up, operates, maintains, adjusts, changes-over and over hauls on the following: Palletizers, roto-feeders, mechanical conveying equipment and associated machinery. Performs related work assignments, tasks, checks and measurements. Requires supervisory assistance only in unusual quality or operating problems and has full responsibility for the quality of his product and line efficiency. Has the skill to properly diagnose mechanical and quality problem, determines the necessary repairs and restores defective equipment back to service with a minimum of delay. Effectively assists supervision to direct lower bracket support personal in the safe and proper operation of assigned jobs. Must have basic fabricating, welding and machining skills Prepares and maintains reports, records, as they relate to production quality and maintenance. Maintains work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition. Performs all duties with regard to safety for self and other employees, while exercising proper care and protection of company property Must be familiar with the proper use of all hand tools and power tools related to packaging and packaging equipment. Must be able to use measuring instruments (caliper, micrometers, depth micrometers, etc)
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Attain satisfactory score on job related tests.
- Familiar with the use of hand and power tools used on the job.
- Ability to read and comprehend blue prints and drawings ,hand books, specifications, equipment manuals, parts lists and other written material associated with the job within a reasonable time.
- Possesses the necessary hand tools to set up and maintain all can line machinery and associated equipment.
Requisition ID: 9021