HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Medical Technologist PRN Weekends Only in Macon, Georgia
Coliseum Health System is a two-hospital system located in Macon. You know us better as Coliseum Medical Centers and Coliseum Northside Hospital. Over the last 40 years, it has been our privilege to care for many of you, your family and friends.
We have two full-service medical-surgical hospitals. Our staff and physicians are trained in the most advanced health care available in this area from cardiology to birthing services to emergency care, inpatient/outpatient surgery, and psychiatric care. All medical specialties are represented on our medical staffs from family practice to orthopedics to pediatrics to neurosurgery.
With HCA, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and outstanding benefits to include:· *Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage* · *401k* · *Tuition reimbursement* · *Employee Stock Options* · *PTO … and much more!*
… along with a tremendous opportunity for growth as you’ll be joining one of the largest and most successful hospital organizations – ranked 63 on the Fortune 500 with 165 hospitals, 250,000 employees.
· The Medical Technologist supports the mission of the hospital in providing patients with the highest quality of healthcare in a caring atmosphere.
· Provision of laboratory medicine to pediatric and adult and geriatric patients based upon population served utilizing the standards set forth by the College of American Pathologist and/or CIAA regulations.
· Performs tests requiring specific skills in his/her area of assignment.
· Performs routine and complex laboratory analyses, while maintaining a high degree of productivity under conditions of stress and pressure.
· Assumes responsibility for adherence to all policies, technical procedures and testing protocols including but not limited to: routine maintenance, documentation of activities, and quality controls. Performs other duties as needed.
· May assume sectional supervisor responsibilities when the need arises.
· Provides supervision and/or assistance to Phlebotomist, Clerical and Medical Laboratory Technicians as applicable and/or as needed
Promotes teamwork with physicians and other departments.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: • National Medical Technologist (Either ASCP, AMT,AAB or equivalent) certification preferred
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Bachelors Degree in Medical Technologist and/or other Sciences with 1 years pertinent and successful laboratory experience (or) Associates Degree in Medical Technologist and/or Sciences with 2 years pertinent and successful laboratory experience (or) Completed academic, training, and experience needed and successfully complete a certification examination for a Medical Technologist with 2 years pertinent and successful laboratory experience
Title: Medical Technologist PRN Weekends Only
Location: Georgia-Macon-Coliseum Medical Centers - Macon
Requisition ID: 08158-10686