Merck Senior Specialist Data Management in Madison, New Jersey
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Animal Health (MAH) Division works to improve the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and planet. This team of energetic, independent thinkers offers one of the industry’s most innovative portfolios of products, services, and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species both domestically and internationally.
Animal Health IT is seeking a motivated, agile, and outcomes driven individual to join the Architecture, Engineering and Delivery team with a strong focus on Data Architecture and Data Management systems. This individual will develop relationships with business colleagues to bring enterprise solutions for commercial teams in areas of Sales Operations, Sales teams, and reporting and analytics. This individual will be a value driver for enabling complex business processes by using standard industry architecture to databases and commercial systems. This individual will also collaborate across regions and markets that Animal Health conducts business in and partner with local and global resources. This individual will also collaborate with Digital Sales Solutions, business and technology teams to deliver reports and dashboards within the commercial sales, marketing and finance domains.
Effectively working across time zones within a highly networked team is critical for success in this position. Responsible for partnering with leaders and partners in MAH; Global Commercial Operations; Global Finance, Architecture, Engineering & Delivery; Regional IT; and Local In-Country Commercial.
A real passion for data and data management using to solve complex business challenges using tools (E.g. Informatica, ERWin, Collibra, R, Linux scripting etc.)
Proactively tackle and respond to data opportunities and provide tangible business solutions for Customer relationship management platforms.
Lead the implementation and operational activities of our Analytics platforms utilizing foundational data for insights and process monitoring in support of Commercial projects.
Assist and lead Architecture efforts for future proofing IT assets using industry standards e.g. TOGAF modeling.
Build and socialization of data techniques and new technologies throughout organization.
Partner with off-shore teams based across different regions as well as teams in Merck Global Innovation Centers.
Primary activities will include, but are not limited to:
• Oversee the ingestion and classification of diverse data sources, such as CRM, SAP ATLAS, wholesaler information, marketing campaigns and other commercial data into a global data warehouse
• Deliver on data-driven projects through organization of team efforts and hands-on approach
• Actively listen, integrate input from diverse sources, and collaboratively translate commercial and business questions into data and analysis requirements
• Perform data management releases following standard Merck SDLC including hyper-care and follow-ups
• Partners with domain experts to verify and drive model capabilities and translate modeling outputs into business language
• Partners with IT resources to enable appropriate data flow/data model, development using appropriate tools/technology, rapid prototyping and informs the design of analytical products
• Coaches, develops and mentor employees (team) on modern data tools and methodologies
• Builds external alliances to gain and share information and industry trends.
Education Minimum Requirement:
• B.A. or B.S. degree in a Technical or Business field required with 5 or more years of experience. In lieu of degree disciplines identified, work experience specific to the job responsibilities may be substituted
Required Experience and Skills:
• Experience in developing and/or deploying complex Business Analytics solutions
• 5 years experience working in IT industry with strong focus on data architecture and commercial and marketing applications
• 3 delivering end-to-end data analysis projects, including experience with very large data sets.
• 3 years of experience leading information design and visual storytelling to craft the visualization of data and insights utilizing data visualization software/tools.
• Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs/translate them into requirements and related documentation
• Demonstrated success in building strong relationships with client organizations and across technology teams
• Ability to prioritize diverse initiatives across a broad set of stakeholders
• A team player who places great emphasis on collective achievements
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to tailor communications to different levels of the client organization and for business versus IT stakeholders, ability to create presentations and facilitate meetings, and ability to communicate details and summarize as needed based on the audience
Preferred Experience and Skills:
• Experience with data analysis and project management.
• Experience in reporting and analytical modeling.
• Experience with Merck/MSD systems development lifecycle (SDLC) practices.
• Ability to adapt and demonstrated situational leadership and creative problem solving within teams
• Business acumen in commercial sales and marketing practices.
• Experience with Big Data – Hadoop, Amazon Redshift, Salesforce Einstein, Google Analytics
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC Poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
EEOC GINA Supplement at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocginasupplement.pdf
OFCCP EEO Supplement at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of it’s manifestations.
Job Information Technology Architecture
Title: Senior Specialist Data Management
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Madison
Requisition ID: INF004881
- Merck Jobs