HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Contact Center Nurse in Madison, Tennessee
HCA, a Fortune 100 company with more than 200,000 employees, is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, operating over 170 locally managed hospitals and over 100 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Provide nurse advice and triage services to consumers calling with clinical questions.
SUMMARY OF KEY RESPONSIBILITES:
Provide appropriate compassionate advice to callers using evidence based clinical decision tools to help callers make personal health decisions. Make cross referrals as indicated. Facilitate referrals and event registration through internal transfer mechanisms.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Utilizes nursing skill and along with approved protocols to provide telephone nurse triage and/or health advice to consumers with clinical questions or symptoms.
· Facilitates referrals for health services as appropriate via telephone and performs all components of call processing
· Ensures performance standards are met and accepts constructive feedback
· Speaks with a pleasant, professional phone voice and provides superior customer service to create an exceptional patient experience.
· Documents caller information and outcomes in a relational database system in accurately and as prescribed by current standards and policies
· Maintains confidentiality, HIPAA and PHI compliance
· Communicates appropriately and clearly with departmental management, co-workers and callers and exhibits willingness to master new work routines and methods
· Practices and adheres to HCA’s “Code of Conduct” and “Mission and Value Statement”
· Provides homecare, advice and/or education to callers that respects the cultural, spiritual, intellectual/educational, and psychosocial differences of individuals and preserves caller’s autonomy, dignity and rights.
· Maintains and contributes to a collaborative professional and ethical work environment.
· Actively participates in team meetings and engages in the processes of the contact center
The position requires an entry knowledge level generally obtained through completion of an Associate Degree or an equivalent in demonstrated work experience.
· 1 year of clinical nursing experience required; 3 years preferred
CERTIFICATE(s)/LICENSE(s): Active RN license in state of residence required and ability to obtain licensure in all states served by HCA.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Contact Center Nurse
Location: Tennessee-Madison-Skyline Madison Campus
Requisition ID: 26486-4934