HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Manager - Facilities Management in Madison, Tennessee
TriStar Skyline’s Madison Campusis a mental health hospital that provides behavioral health services to the greater Nashville area. Our behavioral health facility is staffed by psychiatrists, therapists, nurses and other specialists that are dedicated to treating individuals who are facing mental health conditions and disorders. Our mental health treatments are designed for each individual patient and include inpatient care, partial hospitalization and intensive out patient care. Our behavioral health navigator works with individuals and families to find the right programs and services for each patient.
These programs incorporate the new treatment mall concept, which enables patients to select from numerous skills based classes that meet their specific treatment objectives. The classes enable patients to participate in treatment that takes place apart from their units to more closely imitate life in the community. Patients participate in activities like physical exercise and games while learning organization, personal life, coping, problem solving and stress management skills.
TriStar Skyline Medical Center - Madison Campus is seeking a Manager - Facilities Management.
- Coordinates assessment, development, implementation, and evaluation of Departmental Policies/Procedures and regulatory requirements that will appropriately guide and support the provision of services to be provided.
- Routinely surveys staff to ensure proper implementation and annually reviews and revises Policies and Procedures.
- Possesses a working knowledge of department related Joint Commission, federal and state regulations, and professional organization standards, principles and techniques.
- Develops a Departmental budget: including recommendations regarding staffing levels; space requirements; and other resource needs based on the work to be accomplished.
- Prepares annual department budget proposal within time frame allotted including recommendations for staffing level changes. Forecasts budget based on strategic plan; hospital and departmental mission; historical patterns; current economics; community needs; and other relevant impacts important to planning needs.
- Monitors department expenditures to ensure compliance within budgetary limits. Submits rational for variance ( /=5%) including rational/justification and action plan within the month of receiving financial/utilization information to responsible Vice President.
- Recommends space and other resources as needed by the department. Follows appropriate Policy and Procedure to request capital expenditures.
- Conducts timely development and/or revision of departmental job descriptions as needed to reflect current jobs and duties. Completes 30/90 day and annual performance reviews within required time frame and includes required attachments, i.e., orientation/CE employee development documentation.
- Conducts the timely development and/or revision of competency assessment tools for each departmental position and ensures completion of annual assessment by 100% of staff.
- Effectively manages departmental staff issues related to hiring, terminations and disciplinary actions.
- Establishes, supports and maintains a departmental equipment/safety management program in collaboration with Engineering Dept. and/or Safety Committee.
- Establishes and maintains Policies and Procedures documenting appropriate inspection testing; preventative maintenance of equipment; and the orientation and education of users.
- Establishes and maintains Policies and Procedures documenting equipment recall, equipment failure, emergency preparedness, and the reporting of incidents.
- Establishes and maintains a safe and clean departmental work environment.
- Responsible for 24-hour facility management operations.
- Consistently coordinates work order requests and scheduling.
- Completes all routine request are completed in a timely manner.
- Monitors and verifies that energy management systems operate at optimum and set points do not exceed seasonal needs thereby continuing investment payback.
- Consistently handles emergency situations in a timely competent manner, limiting risk and exposure to minimum affected areas.
- Consistently complies with State Health Facilities Commission, Metro Fire Dept. standards, OHSA and Joint Commission standards.
- Consistently presents EOC reports to safety committee.
- Assumes responsibility for continually improving critical thinking, professional excellence, and personal well being and recommending new services.
- Demonstrates the ability to problem solve at their designated level of management.
Acts, communicates, and responds to all delegations from the Director of Facilities Management.
Minimum 5 years in direct hospital or equivalent leadership role.
- Degree or equivalent training in Engineering/Business Management, technical/vocational certification.
- Prior management training.
- High degree of skills in all trades and specializing in electrical and HVAC problem solving
- Planning Annual/capital budgets and operating under restraints.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, and Excel preferred.
- Ability to operate Energy Management System preferred
- CMMS preferred
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Manager - Facilities Management
Location: Tennessee-Madison-Skyline Madison Campus
Requisition ID: 25070-65829