IBM Senior Data Scientist in MADRID, Spain
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our Cognitive team in Spain.
What we expect:
You will combine deep data and analytics skills with strong business insight to take on business problem of Cognitive Computing Solutions.
You will have expertise of Advanced Analytics techniques that is applied traditionally applied to structured data.
You will have deep understanding of Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning techniques for unstructured content, so as to enable composition of holistic cognitive solutions.
You will are versed in one of the following areas of Natural Language Processing, Image Processing, Video Processing, Voice Processing and Watson technologies.
What you will bring:
Convert business problems into an analytics solution using your consulting skills.
Have business knowledge to analyze client business issues, formulate hypotheses and test conclusions to figure out appropriate solutions methods.
A solid foundation typically in statistics, modeling, operations research, computer science and applications, and math.
Strong business insight coupled with the ability to communicate findings to both business and IT leaders in a way that can influence how an organization approaches a business challenge.
Pick the right problems that have the most value to the organization.
Be effective at deploying analytical solutions, thereby realizing business value. Whereas a traditional data analyst may look only at data from a single source – a CRM system, for example –
Explore and examine data from multiple disparate sources.
Extract, transform, and combine all incoming data with the goal of discovering a previously hidden insight, which in turn can provide a competitive advantage or address a pressing business problem.
Build statistical models, understand the meaning, then recommend different ways to apply the data.
Be inquisitive: exploring, asking questions, doing "what if" analysis, questioning existing assumptions and processes. Armed with data, modeling expertise, and analytical results.
Communicate informed conclusions and recommendations across an organization's leadership structure.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
• At least 5 of years of experience as data scientist
• Experience in data mining and advance analytics
• Programming skills with Python or/and R and libraries like Scikit, NumPy or Pandas
• Knowledge in Machine and Deep learning frameworks like Tensorflow, CAFFE or Torch
• Knowledge in SPPS or/and SAS will be also valued.
• Experience in natural language processing techniques
• Exposure to Big data technologies as Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Spark, Impala…
• Ability to think analytically, quantitatively and creatively
• Advanced level of Spanish and English
• Proven record of leadership
• Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization and also in a team environment
• English and Spanish fluent
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
• Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Quantitative Economics or Engineering
• Postgraduate studies in the area of Big Data, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Business Analytics or Business Intelligence will be strongly valued.
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- IBM Jobs