Northwell Health Associate Director, Labs in Manhasset, New York
Req Number 001XWR
Job Category Quality Management
As an Assistant Director you will plan, implement and evaluate all Performance Improvement activities for the department. Coordinate and supervise the efficient operation of the Ancillary Laboratories insuring compliance with Laboratory & Regulatory standards. Assist management in the daily operations of laboratory, clinical and anatomic pathology areas including financial management, budgeting and staff.
• Plans, implements and evaluates all Performance Improvement activities for the department. Organizes monthly PI meeting.
• Assists in developing department PI program to meet departmental PI goals, including scheduling PI focus studies and surveys with each laboratory. Monitors PI indicators and recommends corrective action. Submits monthly reports to management and hospital Quality Management department.
• Communicates regulatory standards to all laboratories. Assists in clarification of requirements and acts as liaison between laboratories and regulatory agencies.
• Coordinates Ancillary Laboratory approval and set up for laboratory testing. Develops and maintains proficient testing and quality control materials for Ancillary laboratories. Prepares and maintains procedure manual and ensures compliance with accrediting and regulation agencies.
• Assists in developing new testing requests and prioritizes as necessary.
• Coordinates regulatory agency inspections with hospital management. Ensures necessary inspection materials/ reports are available.
• Prepares response to inspection deficiencies, reviews findings with management, recommends corrective action and monitors changes.
• Assists management in coordinating the daily activities of the clinical and anatomic pathology laboratory. Ensures staff compliance with all regulatory standards (NYSDOH, CAP, OSHA, FDA, JCAHO, EPA). Ensures all staff credentialing standards.
• Assists management in the preparation of departmental budget, including salary, capital and revenue projections. Prepares all budgetary justifications and works with vendors as necessary.
• Responsible for preparing and revising Laboratory Safety Manual and ensuring compliance to all OSHA regulations. Trains Laboratory Spill Response Team and staff in applicable OSHA regulations. Prepares and reports on Hazardous Materials report including documenting spills and disposal of chemical waste.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology, Quality Management or related field, required.
• Minimum of five (5) years related quality management experience in a clinical or hospital setting, required.
• Clinical Laboratory Technician Certification, preferred.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.