Northwell Health Chef de Partie in Manhasset, New York
Req Number 001Q6L
Job Category Food Service
1. Prepares and specializes in specific food group (i.e. meat, fish, vegetables, sauces, desserts, etc.).
· Removes food items from refrigerators/freezers/storage areas according to amounts required for each meal service.
· Prepares food items according to established recipes and menus.
· Utilizes various kitchen utensils and equipment in safe and efficient manner.
· Places food items in appropriate cooking pans and cooks according to menu requests.
2. Portions food products according to established portion control guidelines.
3. Places panned food on meal tray assembly line and/or serves food according to menu requests.
4. Addresses and resolves customer questions and/or complaints.
5. Removes unused food and wraps, dates, labels and stores accordingly. Discards food not meeting time and temperature guidelines.
6. Complies with all applicable sanitation, safety and fire regulations. Cleans respective work area, equipment and utensils.
7. Informs Executive Chef of inventory overages or shortages, as needed.
8. Reports any malfunctioning equipment or utensils to Executive Chef.
- Performs related duties as required.
· Successful completion of a Culinary Arts training program, required.
· ServSafe, HACCP or related food safety certification, preferred.
· Minimum of two (2) years culinary/food service experience, required.
· Associate's degree in Culinary Arts, preferred.