Northwell Health Maintenance Technician in Manhasset, New York
Req Number 001MZ2
Job Category Maintenance
The Maintenance Technician contributes to the success of patient care through the care and maintenance of the health system's mechanical systems and building structures. In this role, you will perform a wide variety of general building maintenance and repair functions to ensure the quality of the facilities within the health system.
· Inspects and maintains proper functioning of carpentry, electrical, HVAC,
· Life safety, mechanical and plumbing systems at assigned work location within health system.
· Evaluates the condition of these systems and determines, in conjunction with management, appropriate corrective measures.
· Performs preventive and operational maintenance to ensure a functional and safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
· Creates, implements and facilitates preventive maintenance schedules.
· Makes cost-reduction recommendations to management that adhere to policies and procedures, for electrical, fire safety, HVAC and plumbing systems.
· Performs small scale repairs to building structures, including but not limited to: doors, locks, furniture, ceilings, floors, walls repair, windows and sidewalks.
· Maintains records of all work completed, time spent and materials used.
· Completes work in neat and timely fashion, causing little to no disturbance to tenants.
· Evaluates and reports work in progress by all outside contractors including outside cleaning personnel and security
· High School or Technical School Diploma, required.
· Minimum of seven (7) years progressively responsible experience in Mechanics or related field.
· Ability to read architectural drawings.