Northwell Health Ultrasound Technologist (Registered) - Obstetrics and Gynecology Experience Required in Manhasset, New York
Req Number 001RA0
Job Category Radiologic
Performs a variety of 1 st , 2 nd , and 3 rd trimester high risk obstetrical ultrasound studies requiring independent judgment for diagnosis of disease.
1. Prepares patient for examination
· Positions patient on examination table for optimum testing procedure and conditions and according to departmental standard operating procedures.
· Explains procedures in easy-to-understand terms based on professional knowledge to relieve patient of pre-testing anxiety
· Sets-up equipment to administer the particular procedure in a timely fashion.
2. Performs ultrasound procedures including nuchal translucency, ultra- screens, comprehensive anatomical surveys, and fetal doppler studies
· Recognizes the significance of structures visualized in the oscilloscope and differentiates artifacts from normal or pathologic processes.
· Ensures views and images have been obtained and proper techniques have been employed using the real-time systems; determines the need for more extensive evaluations beyond preliminary instructions.
3. Obtains pertinent diagnostic exam reports for the physician necessary for correlation with the ultrasound scan being performed.
· Consults with referring physician regarding patients’ previous history and the appropriate ultrasonic procedure that is required.
· Correlates clinical history to ascertain that the appropriate procedure is performed.
4. Monitors patient condition.
· Observes patient during the entire examination.
· Recognizes and promptly reports changes in the patient’s condition and/or motor abnormality complaints by the patient including: fainting, discoloration, etc. in accordance with procedures.
5. Maintains record and log exams performed
6. Maintains control of inventory and the purchasing of supplies for the assigned area.
· Checks completeness of purchasing order requisitions
· Reviews stock levels, storage locations and utilization of film inventories
7. Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
· High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
· Graduated from an approved Ultrasound program and knowledge of anatomy, physiology, physics; or diagnostic ultrasound and familiarity with pertinent medical/surgical disease.
· Board certification with the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (ARDMS) in the specialty of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
· Certification with the Fetal Medicine Foundation (FMF)
· Certification with Nuchal Translucency Quality Review ( NTQR ) Screening test for Down Syndrome with Nasal Bone certification.