Northwell Health VP, Retail Strategy & Business Development in Manhasset, New York
Req Number 001ZDH
Job Category Finance
Oversees the development, operations, and administration of the Retail Strategy and Business Development arm of True North Healthcare Solutions. Identifies, investigates, and evaluates potential markets and industry verticals to develop and implement retail healthcare products & services. Contributes to business strategy, leads project teams to achieve objectives, and develops network of partnerships to advance business goals. Ensures initiatives are aligned with the Health System’s overall mission, vision, and strategy.
- Business Development & Strategic Planning
• Evaluates various industry verticals and develops strategic plans to establish retail (brick & mortar, e-commerce, etc.) business lines that offer products and services to consumers.
• Identifies and develops new business opportunities consistent with the mission and strategic direction of the Health System.
• Establishes and measures organizational performance against goals and objectives.
• Plans and directs the utilization of Health System resources to support the strategic direction and operation of True North Healthcare Solutions.
• Develops relationships with outside consultants and industry associations to keep abreast of the latest market trends and concepts. Keeps executive leadership and stakeholders well informed.
• Oversees the planning, organization and direction of retail business lines, including: growth objectives, program goals, capital requirements, space allocation, and technological equipment and information systems purchases.
• Oversees the assessment of services and development of new programs and research projects to ensure future organizational growth and prosperity.
• Reviews comprehensives of Business Development and Sales on an on-going basis and develops strategies for program adaptation to market changes.
- Financial Management
• Responsible for P&L and financial management of retail business entities under True North Healthcare Solutions.
• Reviews, authorizes and prioritizes all financial and capital expenditures by assessing profitability, alignment with business objectives and budget parameters.
• Provides financial and administrative oversight and problem resolution guidance.
• Develops and oversees operational, personnel and capital budgets.
- Operational Performance
• Oversees capital equipment strategies including inventory of equipment, purchasing opportunities and re-allocation of equipment.
• Monitors and evaluates the impact of industry trends on the area’s current business performance and competitive outlook.
• Analyzes competitors’ services and prices, synthesizes information, and develops a cohesive, integrated sales strategy and action plan.
• Ensures active communication with all external and internal constituencies to establish strong relationships that are complimentary and consistent with organizational goals and strategic needs.
• Conducts cost benefit feasibility studies to determine the viability of new product lines or business initiatives.
• Oversees current and future needs assessments of equipment, systems and software to ensure optimal service outcomes.
• Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, tax laws, and regulatory agency standards of compliance and Health System’s Corporate Compliance Program.
• Oversees the development, review, and distribution of reports and procedural statements which ensure regulatory and policy compliance.
• Keeps abreast of federal regulations, congressional actions and deliberations and state and local activities.
- Human Resources
• Develops and oversees implementation of current and long-term Human Resources goals and objectives for organizational development, recruiting, compensation, employee relations and, training and development.
• Oversees protocols to promote employee engagement, excellence and opportunity.
- Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field, required. Master’s degree, preferred.
• Minimum of twelve (12) years progressively responsible management experience in related field(s), required.
• Highly entrepreneurial, business savvy, and strategic thinker with experience in healthcare, life sciences, and/or consumer business operations, management, and development, preferred.
• Knowledge of healthcare industry dynamics.
• Demonstrated experience developing and managing startup retail businesses from the concept/design phases to fully operational profitable entities.