IBM Visual Designer - IBM Z DevOps in MARKHAM, Ontario
As a Visual Designer on the IBM Z DevOps team, you will ensure the visual look-and-feel enhances the overall user experience of our products. Designers in this role will create irresistible user interfaces for strategic product and service offerings within our portfolio. He or she will work with and enhance our brand design language to produce iconic user experiences. The visual designer will use their experience in designing visual communication, layout, typography, colour, etc to elicit emotional connections and intuitive, intelligent responses from our audience. Pixel perfect precision and demonstrated skills in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and other design software are a must.
• Work hands-on, creating interface and visual design solutions from concept to final code
• Provide visual feedback and guidance to other designers as necessary on visual design execution as a part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Team with user experience designers, design researchers and developers to ensure visual design enhances the overall user experience
• Contribute to storyboards & task flows designs, effectively communicating visual intentions to the design team and sponsor users
• Work with Design Researchers to understand stakeholders, users and the markets in which they operate
• Deliver pixel perfect hi-fidelity designs to enable front end development to deliver prototypes to engineering
• Collaborate on user experience planning with the team’s UX lead
• Consult with architects, product leads and key stakeholders
• Participate in user research activities
• Promote a user first approach to the stated problem
• Possess a fundamental awareness of enterprise, technology, developer, and design trends
• Evangelize the importance of design research as part of IBM Design Thinking and educate product teams that are new to design research methods in order to h
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Experience with design thinking and small group facilitation
Communication skills and an ability to pinpoint customer requirements
Create interactive wire frame using tools like Sketch and Invision or similar systems
Creating visually compelling artifacts, icons, and mockups
Good understanding of visual design practices
Good understanding of prevalent design patterns and their application in a design.
Understand the capabilities and limitations of enterprise web-based applications.
Ability to write a detailed design specification
Ability to bring a design through the development process
0 to 3 years of experience in graphic design.
A portfolio of experiences.
Ability to work in a team with product team (Design, OM, Development)
Willingness to learn about development on IBM Z and emerging UI technologies.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
One year of practical experience doing design thinking is preferred.
One year of practical application of Agile is also preferred.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.